Grass Fellowship Program for International Students in USA, and applications are submitted till 5 December . The Grass Foundation is offering applications for international students to pursue a research program at Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA. Approximately 8-10 Grass Fellowships are awarded annually. The duration of the program is 14 weeks. Fellowships provide research support including laboratory space, animals, equipment and supplies for one summer at the MBL. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: research program at Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA.Field(s): Supported approaches include neurophysiology, biophysics, integrative neurobiology, neuroethology, neuroanatomy, neuropharmacology, systems neuroscience, cellular and developmental neurobiology, and computational approaches to neural systems.
Deadline: 5 December
Funded By: The Grass Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Grass Fellowship Program is targeted for US and international students.
‣ Award No: Approximately 8-10 Grass Fellowships are awarded annually
‣ Scholarship Duration: The duration of the program is 14 weeks,7
‣ Scholarship covers: Grass Fellowships provide research support including laboratory space, animals, equipment and supplies for one summer at the MBL. Additionally, the investigator, his/her spouse or legal domestic partner, and dependent children are provided housing, a daily meal allowance and round-trip travel to the MBL. Fellows function as an intellectual and social group within the MBLscientific community while sharing space in the Grass Laboratory. In a weekly private seminar series, eminent investigators at the MBL discuss their work with the Fellows. In addition, a yearly ForbesLecturer (in 2017, Dr. William A. Catterall, Washington University) will spend a portion of the summer in the Grass Lab interacting with Fellows.
‣ Grass Fellowship Program at the Marine Biological Laboratory (MBL) in Woods Hole, Massachusetts, USA, support investigator-designed, independent research projects by scientists early in their career.
‣ Supported approaches include neurophysiology, biophysics, integrative neurobiology, neuroethology, neuroanatomy, neuropharmacology, systems neuroscience, cellular and developmental neurobiology, and computational approaches to neural systems. The Foundation also has a longstanding interest in epilepsy-related research.
‣ Early investigators (late stage pre doctoral trainees and beyond) are eligible to apply. This includes applicants with prior experience at MBL or with the Grass Foundation (MBL course alumni are encouraged to apply).
‣ Priority is given to applicants with a demonstrated commitment to pursuing a research career.
‣ International Fellows (i.e., not US citizens or resident aliens) must hold either a J-1 or H-1B visa for the entire duration of the fellowship.
‣ The Grass Foundation values diversity in all of its programs.
‣ Investigators at all early career stages are eligible to apply.
‣ The Trustees of The Grass Foundation judge an applicant’s ability to organize and present pertinent information, the scientific merit of the proposed research, and evidence of an applicant’s ability to work independently.
‣ Approximately 8-10 Grass Fellowships are awarded annually. Most Fellows share space in the Grass Lab; some arrange to work in the space of another MBL investigator..
‣ Applicants are required to apply via electronically.
Download a PDF of this page as a 1page flyer
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: Applications for summer 2017 must be received by 5 December
DEADLINE: Applications for the summer program must be received by 5 December. Applicants must ensure that the completed application and letters of recommendation are submitted by the deadline. Decisions will be announced by the last week in January.
MORE INFORMATION: Find more details in the FAQ and many other places on this website or contact Dana Mock-Munoz de Luna, the Grass Fellowship Program Coordinator at MBL, at:
email@example.com; Voice: +1-508.289.7521
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.