Grameen Foundation offers International Fellowship Programme for US and foreign applicants for 2013/14 academic year. Full details:
School (Institution / Country): Placements may be available in any of nine field offices around the world, depending on need: Colombia, Ghana, Kenya, Uganda, Hong Kong, Indonesia, India, the Philippines and Dubai.
‣ During this one year fellowship, applicant will gain hands-on field experience on assignments tailored to match the skills and interests with the needs of foundation’s local field offices in Latin America, Africa, and Asia.
‣ Placements may range from financial analysis of Micro finance Institutions seeking capital investments to scaling innovative mobile phone-based solutions that connect the poor to vital information on health, agriculture and livelihood opportunities.
‣ Placements are demand-driven, meaning each Grameen Foundation program and region has the opportunity to request a fellow.
‣ As top candidates progress in the applications process, more details will be provided on that year’s placement opportunities.
Deadline: March 31, 2013
Funded by: Grameen Foundation
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for both US and international students.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. Awards: up to 10 placements are available.
‣ Scholarships Duration: Fellowships are applicable for 12-month onsite volunteer assignments.
‣ Scholarship Covers: All fellows will receive lodging and a living stipend for the duration of their placement. Fellows are responsible for their own airfare and visa costs.
‣ At Grameen Foundation, we seek to put tools – relevant, actionable information and customized, accessible financial services – into the hands of the rural poor so they can transform their lives, and ultimately their economic welfare.
‣ Throughout our 15-year history, we have put millions of opportunities into the hands of the poorest people in the world.
‣ After confirming placement offers in May, the entire Fellowship class will begin training and preparation in July. While individual start dates may vary, fellows should plan to begin their work in late August. Field placements are for one year and will end in August 2014.
‣ During the training and preparation period, the Fellow class will learn more about Grameen Foundation’s structure, culture, and work.
‣ Additionally, fellows will participate in workshops and panel discussions on a wide range of topics, from coping with culture shock (especially for those working directly with the poor) to important industry trends.
Fellowship applicants must meet the following criteria to avail Grameen Foundation Fellowship Programme
‣ must have at least three years of applicable work experience, or one year of work experience and an advanced degree
‣ English fluency required for all fellows; Spanish fluency is required for all placements in Latin America and the Caribbean.
Scholarships Application Method:
‣ Apply online
‣ The fellowship application is a five-step process:
1. All Candidates must register with Bankers without Borders and Apply Online ;
2. Bankers without Borders will notify candidates with the results of the initial application screening process ;
3. Passing applicants will be asked to complete a full Fellowship Application form, consisting of short answer and essay questions ;
4. Advancing candidates will be invited to participate in group interviews (conducted in-person or remotely) ;
5. Finalists will then have one-on-one interviews with the fellowship managers.
‣ Each Manager will make an offer to the candidate best suited for that particular fellowship role.
Applications are due by 31
March 31, 2013; Interviews will begin in April 2013.
‣ All finalists will be notified once placements are finalized at the end of May.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline(https://grameenfound.secure.force.com/apex/projectview?id=a0OA0000008Uvu2), and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like