Graduate Student Fellowships for International Students at University of Notre Dame in USA, and applications are submitted till October 15, 2014. The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS), University of Notre Dame is offering graduate student fellowships for a full academic year in the USA. There are no citizenship requirements for fellowships; non-US nationals are welcomed to apply. Scholars must already be enrolled in a PhD program and remain students throughout the period of the fellowship. Acceptance rate is 4-9%. Scholars must have excellent records of scholarly, artistic or research accomplishment in their field(s). This fellowship ranges up to a maximum of $25,000 (gross amount) and includes a $1,000 research account, office facilities in the Institute, a computer and printer, access to University libraries and other facilities and weekly Institute seminars and events. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowship awards are available to graduate students for pursuing a research program at Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS) in USA
Field(s): The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS) supports research that is directed toward, or addressed ultimate questions at the intersection of the arts, engineering, humanities, law, and natural, physical, and social sciences, especially those which transcend disciplinary boundaries
Deadline: October 15, 2014.
Funded By: The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS) at University of Notre Dame
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Graduate Student Fellowships are targeted for applicants (There are no citizenship requirements for fellowships. Non-U. S. nationals are welcomed to apply for these graduate student fellowships.)
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The NDIAS offers fellowships to advanced graduate students for a full academic year (fall and spring semesters, August through May).
‣ Scholarship covers: Graduate fellowships range up to a maximum of $25,000 (gross amount) and include a $1,000 research account, office facilities in the Institute, a computer and printer, access to University libraries and other facilities, and weekly Institute seminars and events. The Institute does not provide medical insurance to graduate student fellows; appropriate individual arrangements must be made for coverage during the fellowship period.
‣ The Notre Dame Institute for Advanced Study (NDIAS) is dedicated to fostering and supporting integrative scholarship addressing ultimate questions at the intersection of the arts, engineering, humanities, law, and natural, physical, and social sciences, especially those which transcend disciplinary boundaries.
‣ The NDIAS encourages graduate student applicants to include questions of values in their analyses, to integrate diverse disciplines, and to ask how their findings advance civilization.
‣ The Institute offers its fellows the opportunity to engage not only analysis but also in evaluating what should be done, to analyze the world in substantive and collaborative ways, and to think through the implications of present behavior for the future of the world.
‣ As a collaborative academic community, the Institute cultivates the contemplative ideal that is an essential factor in the Catholic intellectual tradition and vital for the progression of scholarship.
‣ The greatest advances do not occur in solitude, but in the company of others who share a passion for advancement and are open to dialogue and collaboration.
‣ Graduate students from all institutions are invited to apply Graduate Student Fellowships
‣ The Institute seeks Graduate Student Fellowships applicants with:
‣ Graduate Student Fellowships applications are evaluated with great care and at several levels of review to ensure objectivity and consistency.
‣ Fellowship applications are evaluated according to the following criteria:
‣ Applicants will be notified when their applications have been received. Announcement of fellowship awards will be made in spring 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ The application period for 2015-2016 graduate student fellowships at the NDIAS will commence soon.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: All application materials, including letters of reference, must be received by October 15, 2014.
Note: Applications will be open soon.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.