Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships at Loughborough University in UK ad applicatios are suitted till 30th April 2018. Loughborough University is offering full-fee Africa scholarships for full-time taught postgraduate degree program. The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for applicants chosen postgraduate taught course for one year. Scholarship Applications will not be considered unless the applicant is holding an offer or a Place at the time of submission (offer may be conditional or unconditional). Applicants do not submit the scholarship application until they have received their offer letter. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Loughborough University | UK
Level: postgraduate taught programme
Field(s): all subjects offered by the Loughborough University.
Deadline: 30th April 2018.
Funded By: Loughborough University, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships are targeted for Students of Africa (Algeria, Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Central African Republic, Chad, Comoros, Côte d’Ivoire, Djibouti, Egypt, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Kenya, Lesotho, Liberia, Libya, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mauritius, .Morocco, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Republic of the Congo, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal,
Seychelles, Sierra Leone, Somalia, South Africa, Sudan, Swaziland, Tanzania, Togo, Tunisia, Uganda, Western Sahara, Zambia and Zimbabwe) can apply for these scholarships
‣ Award No: The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for applicants chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries applicants may already have been awarded).
‣ Loughborough University is delighted to announce full-fee Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships for international full-time taught postgraduate students who are currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa.
‣ These will be known as the Loughborough University Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships.
‣ The scholarships will cover 100% of the course fees for your chosen postgraduate taught course for one year (replacing any Departmental or Loughborough University scholarships or bursaries you may already have been awarded).
‣ The scholarships are being funded through a combination of generous external funding and University funds. The University will award a limited number of scholarships and the standards required are very high.
‣ Students will be expected to fund their travel and maintenance costs through other sources. Evidence of maintenance funds must be included in the scholarship application.
‣ Currently domiciled (permanently living) in Africa
‣ Evidence of exceptional academic achievement (normally a 1st Class Honours Degree)
‣ Commitment to return to their home country on completion of postgraduate programme
‣ Evidence of the ability and commitment to making a significant contribution to their home country on their return
‣ Full understanding of the costs involved in coming to study and live in the UK
‣ Evidence of strong motivation and initiative to secure funds to cover the remainder of the costs involved
Notification for Graduate School Development Trust Africa Scholarships
‣ All those applying will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by the end of May at the latest. The outcome will be either that your application is shortlisted, or your application was unsuccessful
‣ The application form can be downloaded below, and should be returned (by post, fax or email) to:
Marketing and Advancement
Leicestershire LE11 3TU
Please do not submit your scholarship application until you have received your offer letter. Applications will only be considered if all parts of the form are completed in full.
Applications received after the closing date will not be considered. A confirmation email will be sent when your application has been received. All those applying will be notified of the outcome of their application by email by the end of May 2018 at the latest. If your application is shortlisted, you will be given further guidelines on what will happen next. Any award made to an applicant holding a conditional offer will be subject to those conditions being met in full. Applicants will also be expected to provide evidence of funds to cover their travel, living and maintenance costs and may be asked to pay a deposit towards their living costs as part of the conditions of the scholarship offer.Further InformationFor further details about these awards, please contact the International Office.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30th April 2018.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.