Graduate Research Assistantship at Hallym University in Korea , and applications are submitted till 29th May 2015. Applications are invited for Graduate Research Assistantship at the Hallym University to conduct research on the diagnostic Biochip Technology. Assistantship is available for pursuing MS (2 years), PhD (3 to 4 years), and MS-PhD (integrated, 5 years) programme at the Department of Chemistry. Promising candidates will be provided with a good Scholarship (USD 800 ~ 1000 / month). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): the Department of Chemistry, Hallym University| Korea
Level: MS, PhD, MS-PhD programme at the Department of Chemistry.
Field(s): Graduate Research Assistantship is awarded to conduct research on the diagnostic Biochip Technology.
Deadline: 29th May 2015.
Funded By: Hallym University, Chuncheon
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Graduate Research Assistantship at Hallym University is targeted for Citizens of all nationalities
‣ Award No: not specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Direct MS- 2years, PhD- 4years, Integrated MS & PhD- 5 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Listed below are some features of this research assistantship and the expected benefits of the program for successful applicants:
‣ A Lab of Prof. Taisun Kim at Hallym University seeks to recruit promising research students for the programs of MS (2 years), PhD (3 to 4 years), and MS-PhD (integrated, 5 years).
‣ The selected students will conduct research on the diagnostic Biochip Technology.
‣ Hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Pharmaceutical Sciences / Biotechnology as of May 01, 2013.
‣ For Master’s program (or Integrated Master’s & Doctoral program): students should hold a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry OR Pharmaceutical Sciences OR Biotechnology.
‣ For Doctoral program: students should hold a Chemistry or Pharmaceutical Sciences OR Biotechnology.
Important Requirements for Graduate Research Assistantship at Hallym University
‣ Good background / interest in the cognate area(s) of research
‣ Good English language skills- written and oral (Test (Score), TOEFL (550), CBT (210), iBT (80), IELTS (5.5), TEPS (550)). Either of the test score should be valid at the time of application.
‣ Good ability to cooperate with others in a multicultural environment
‣ Good ability for highly motivated independent research
‣ Only selected candidates will be notified by e-mail.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application Procedure
Interested applicants should send the following to Prof. Nimse Satish by Friday, 29th May, 2015, Korean time (GMT + 9):
‣ Study plan (For PhD applicants only; Study plan should clearly state the research topics you are interested in and should have a relevance to the research in our group. We would like to know your research interests and their relation to the given research areas)
‣ Academic transcripts
‣ Brief summary of most recent thesis and the status (eg accepted, in progress, submitted, etc)
‣ CV (to include names, date of birth, nationality, sex, contact details, education, work experience, publications)
‣ Only electronic applications are accepted.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date : Interested applicants should contact Prof. Nimse Satish.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.