Government of Ireland awards postgraduate scholarship for scholars from any country. Scholarship is awarded for qualified Research Master’s and Doctoral candidates pursuing or intending to pursue full-time research in any discipline, based in an Irish HEI. Applications are open until 28th January 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Higher education institutions (HEIs) in Ireland | Ireland
Level: Masters & Doctoral Degree
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded in any discipline, based in an Irish HEI. Course Level: Scholarship is available to masters and doctoral students for pursuing full time research at an eligible HEI within Ireland.
Deadline: 28th January 2014.
Funded By: Government of Ireland and the higher education institutions (HEIs)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Government of Ireland Scholarship is targeted for International Students:
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Scholarship is offered for research masters degree: 12 months -for structured research masters degree: 24 months -for traditional doctoral degree: 36 months -for structured doctoral degree: 48 months
‣ Scholarship covers: The total value of the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship, Enterprise Partnership Scheme Postgraduate Scholarship and all strategic funding partner scholarships, will be up to a maximum of €24,000 in any approved year and will consist of the following: -A maintenance award of €16,000 per annum within the Funding Term; -Contribution to fees, including non-EU scholarship fees, paid to the HEI up to a maximum of €5,750. Any differential must be paid by the Scholar and/or HEI per annum. Scholars who hold a fee waiver from their HEI, or where no fee is required, or where fees are paid in full or in part by a third party, must inform the Council and the appropriate offices in their HEI and will not be eligible for the fee portion of the Scholarship. their HEI, or where no fee is required, or where fees are paid in full or in part by a third party, must inform the Council and the appropriate offices in their HEI and will not be eligible for the fee portion of the Scholarship. -The maximum that can be spent in any year of the Scholarship is €24,000, plus any unspent balance of eligible direct research support expenses carried over from the previous year of the Scholarship. Apart from this exception, funds may not be carried forward from one year to the next.
‣ The Irish Research Council has opened the 2014 call for the Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship Scheme (including associated strategic partner scholarships) and the Enterprise Partnership Scholarship Scheme.
‣ The Council funds excellent researchers across all disciplines and encourages interdisciplinary research and engagement with enterprise.
‣ The Council facilitates the career development of researchers by funding those at an early stage of their research career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
‣ The Council aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development.
‣ The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area.
Have what it takes to avail Government of Ireland Postgraduate Scholarship?
‣ Scholars must be full-time students affiliated with an eligible HEI in Ireland.
‣ must not be a permanent member of staff in an HEI or in a non-Irish based research body or HEI.
‣ must have a first class or upper second-class honours primary degree, or the equivalent4. If examination results are not known at the time of application, the Council may make a provisional offer of a Scholarship on condition that the Scholar’s undergraduate degree result is a first class- or upper second-class honours, or the equivalent.
‣ Masters degree results may be considered to take precedence over the results of the primary degree.
‣ The Council decision on these matters is final;
‣ must not have applied more than once to the Scheme (including strategic partner themes within the Scheme).
‣ This includes applications since 2009 to the EMBARK scheme previously run by the Irish Research Council for Science, Engineering and Technology (IRCSET), and the Government of Ireland Scholarship Scheme previously run by the Irish Council for Humanities and Social Sciences (IRCHSS).
(a)and at the time of application:
‣ Applicants will be notified by May 2014.
‣ Applications will only be accepted through the electronic submission system, which will be launched in due course.
‣ A “Guidelines for Applicants” document will be posted below once the online system opens. In advance of the e-system and as an aid to preparing an application, an indicative word document version of the application form is provided below.
‣ Academic Supervisor, Referee and (where relevant) Enterprise Mentor forms will be available in due course. All electronic applications must be submitted via the e-system
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 28th January 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
may also like
‣ Doctoral Scholarship
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, College, DOTORAL, Featured, Government, International, Ireland, Master, Postgraduate, research, Scholarship