Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships for International Students , and applications are submitted till 16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017. Applications are invited for Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships available for researchers across all disciplines. Fellows from any country may hold a Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship. Acceptance of the award is subject to these Terms and Conditions and the Guide for Applicants which, in conjunction with the Letter of Offer and completed and signed Acceptance Form, constitute the basis on which the award is held and/or renewed. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Ireland
Level: postdoctoral research programme
Field(s): all disciplines.
Deadline: 16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017
Funded By: The Irish Research Council
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Irish and international researchers.
‣ Award No: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: -Irish Research Council Gov'y of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship (1 year):
12 months -Irish Research Council Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship (2 years): 24 months
‣ Scholarship covers: T
‣ The Council funds Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowships for excellent researchers across all disciplines and encourages interdisciplinary research and engagement with enterprise.
‣ The Council facilitates the career development of researchers by funding those at an early stage of their research career to associate with established research teams who have achieved international recognition for their work.
‣ The Council aims to support an expertise-driven research system in order to enhance Ireland’s innovation capacity and skills base in a rapidly changing global environment where knowledge is key to economic, social and cultural development.
‣ The Council is further committed to facilitating the integration of Irish researchers in all disciplines within the European Research Area. The Council offers two types of Fellowship available through the Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship Scheme: one year fellowship and two year fellowship.
‣ Fellows are selected in accordance with the Council’s Postdoctoral Fellowship application and assessment process; Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellows must fulfill the following criteria:
‣ Must have been awarded their doctoral degree within the five-year period before the 28th February 2015. For the purposes of this condition, the date of graduation will be taken into account
‣ Must have been certified as having fulfilled within the five-year period before the 28th February 2015 all the requirements for the award of a doctoral degree, including a viva/thesis defence where such is required, but have not yet graduated.
‣ For the purposes of this condition, the original viva/thesis defence date and not the graduation date will be taken into account.
‣ Must have authored or co-authored at least one published peer-reviewed research publication; or demonstrable equivalent intellectual property output; or provided samples of their written research work.
‣ Must not have been employed as a Postdoctoral Researcher for more than 5 years at the closing date of the call.
‣ Must not be a permanent member of staff in an either an Irish HEI/RPO or an International HEI
‣ Fellows from any country may hold a Government of Ireland Postdoctoral Fellowship.
‣ However, Fellows under this scheme: must maintain their principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Fellowship and; must satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their host institution(s) with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU).
‣ Results will be announced by April 2018.
‣ Applications (including Academic Mentor and Referee Forms) will only be accepted through the online submission system.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 16:00 (Irish time) 30 November 2017
Call documentation GOIPD 2017 - Terms & Conditions
Indicative Word forms
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.