Google is pleased to offer Journalism Fellowships for Undergraduate and Graduate Students for academic year 2013/14. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): The host organizations taking part are based in Berkeley, CA, Columbia, MO, Cambridge, MA, St. Petersburg/Miami, FL, New York, NY and Washington, DC | USA
Deadline: 31 January 2013
Funded by: Google
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is open for any nationalities who are able to work in the United States. i.e It is accepting students eligible to work in the United States, if your host organization is located in the U.S. (e.g. U.S. citizens, U.S. permanent residents, and individuals with a current U.S. student visa).
‣ No. of awards: Not Known
‣ Scholarship Duration: The Fellowship will start on June 3, 2013 with the first week at the Knight Foundation in Florida. Fellows will join their host organization on June 10, 2013 and finish with a week at Google in California on August 5, 2013.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows will receive a stipend of $7,500 USD for 10 weeks during the summer of 2013 (June-August) and a travel budget of $1,000 USD.
‣ In an effort to help develop the next crop of reporters working to keep the world informed, educated and entertained, we have created the Google Journalism Fellowship.
‣ As a company dedicated to making the world’s information easily accessible, it recognizes that behind many blue links is a journalist and that quality journalism is a key ingredient of a vibrant and functioning society.
‣ The program is aimed at undergraduate, graduate and journalism students interested in using technology to tell stories in new and dynamic ways.
‣ The Fellows will get the opportunity to spend the summer contributing to a variety of organizations — from those that are steeped in investigative journalism to those working for press freedom around the world and to those that are helping the industry figure out its future in the digital age.
‣ Fellows will be assigned a lead mentor at their host organizations, but will have the opportunity to work with several senior staff members over the course of the summer.
‣ Fellows will be expected to make substantive contributions to the work of their organization, including researching and writing stories, contributing to open source data programs, creating timely data to accurately frame public debates about media in the United States and the world as well as finding new and compelling ways to use data to tell stories.
‣ The host organizations taking part are based in Berkeley, CA, Columbia, MO, Cambridge, MA, St. Petersburg/Miami, FL, New York, NY and Washington, DC.
‣ Google is looking for students who are passionate about journalism and the role that technology can play in the industry and the pursuit of their craft.
Students from all majors and degree programs who possess the following qualities are encouraged to apply:
‣ Demonstrated or stated commitment to journalism – especially in the fields of data driven journalism or freedom of expression online
‣ An interest in exploring and creating business models to help the industry in the digital age ‣ Excellent academic record, professional/extracurricular/volunteer activities, subject matter expertise
‣ First-rate analytical, communications, research, and writing skills
‣ Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and efficiently, and to work smartly and resourcefully in a fast-paced environment
‣ You must be 18 years of age or older by January 1, 2013 to be eligible to participate in the G. Journalism Fellowship program in 2013.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by is January 31, 2013
‣ Applicants are notified of the status of their applications at February 14, 2013.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ The application link is also found at the official website.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...