Google Faculty Research Awards are offered to full-time faculty members from universities worldwide to serve as Principal Investigators. These research awards supports academic research in computer science, engineering and related fields in USA.
School (Institution / Country): | USA
Level: Research Degree
Field(s): computer science, engineering and related fields.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Google Faculty Research Awards is Open for full-time faculty members at top universities around the world.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. Awards: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarships Duration: Research Awards are designed to support one year of work. Google on occasion choose to fund a second year for a Research Awards project that has seen great success in year one.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Google Faculty Research Awards are designed to be in an amount approximately equivalent to the amount necessary to support 1 graduate student for 1 year. While costs differ by university and by region, the median award amount is around 50,000 to 60,000 USD. We expect that most budgets for the Research Awards will be limited to the cost of 1 PhD student for 1 year (defined as salary plus tuition, or research salary in regions where PhD tuition is covered through other means) as well as modest conference travel for the student (1,500 USD for US universities, 3,000 USD for universities outside the US). Budgets with additional items are almost always cut to the level of 1 PhD student for 1 year plus modest travel. The maximum amount a PI may request is 150,000 USD.
‣ Google Faculty Research Awards are one-year awards structured as unrestricted gifts to universities to support the work of world-class full-time faculty members at top universities around the world. Faculty members can apply for Research Awards by submitting a proposal to one of our two 2013 funding rounds.
‣ 2013 deadlines are April 15 and October 15. Recipients are selected through a comprehensive internal review process and notified of their awards within 4 months of the initial submission.
‣ Faculty members can apply for up to 150,000 USD in eligible expenses, but actual award amounts are frequently less than the full amount requested. Most awards are funded at the amount needed to support basic expenses for one graduate student for one year.
Applicants need to read the following to avail Google Faculty Research Awards.
‣ We accept applications from full-time professors at universities around the world.
‣ Our funding is focused on supporting PhD students, so we do allow applications from professors at research institutions that award research degrees to PhD students.
‣ We do not allow applications from professors, researchers, or faculty members at non-degree-granting research institutes. Researchers at such institutes who are also professors on the faculty of a university may apply through that university. -Our funding is structured as unrestricted gifts to universities.
‣ We cannot process awards to other institutions (e.g. not-for-profits institutions, hospitals, non-degree-granting research institutes, etc) even if they are affiliated with a university.
‣ A PI must apply in his or her capacity as a university professor and must be able to accept an award through that university.
‣ Each PI on a proposal must be a full-time professor at a university or a degree-granting research institution.
‣ We allow assistant professors, associate professors, and full professors to apply.
‣ We do not allow applications from professors on behalf of students, postdocs, or others who are not eligible to apply themselves the research must be directed primarily by a full-time faculty member.
‣ We select Google Research Awards recipients through a thorough and competitive review process.
Scholarships Application Method:
‣ Apply online. A link to the application form will be provided here by April 1.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 15 April 2013.
‣ Recipients are selected through a comprehensive internal review process and notified of their awards within 4 months of the initial submission.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like