Google European Doctoral Fellowship Programme , applications are submitted till 1st February 2015. Applications are invited for Google European Fellowship Programme for 2015 academic year. Fellowships are available to PhD students at any stage of their research, and enrolled at universities to participate in the programme. Each invited university may nominate up to two students. Google will award fellowships covering the research part of the PhD programme for up to three years, and consisting of Yearly bursary towards stipend / salary, health care, social benefits, tuition and fees, conference travel and personal computing equipment. The bursary varies by country. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Europe
Level: doctoral level of study.
Field(s): Google will award approximately 15 named fellowships from amongst the following: Google Fellowship in Compiler Technology, Computer Graphics, Computer Networking, Computer Vision, Distributed Systems and Parallel Computing, Human Computer Interaction, Image and Video Retrieval, Machine Learning, Machine Translation, Mobile Computing, Natural Language Processing, Operating Systems, Privacy, Programming Technology, Search and Information Retrieval, Security, Social Computing, Software Engineering, Speech Technology and Structured Data Analysis.
Deadline: 1st February 2015
Funded By: Google
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Google European Doctoral Fellowship Programme is targeted for International students
‣ Award No: Each invited university may nominate up to two students.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Google will award fellowships covering the research part of the PhD programme for up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Google will award fellowships covering the research part of the PhD programme for up to three years, and consisting of:
Google pleased to announce the Google European Doctoral Fellowship Programme for 2015.
‣ Nurturing and maintaining strong relations with the academic community is a top priority at Google.
‣ The Google European Doctoral Fellowship Programme was created to support outstanding doctoral students doing exceptional research in Computer Science or closely related areas.
‣ Fellowships are available to PhD students at any stage of their research, and enrolled at universities invited to participate in the programme.
‣ Must be a PhD student at any stage of research in the areas of expertise represented by the fellowships (Note: The fellowship cannot be used to support the taught component of a PhD programme or any teaching assignments.)
‣ Must attend a full-time PhD position at one of the invited universities. Students must remain enrolled in the PhD programme or forfeit the fellowship award
‣ Must be nominated by their department / university
‣ Cannot be employed by Google (except as an intern)
‣ Google Doctoral Fellows may not hold the Google Fellowship concurrently with another PhD scholarship / fellowship.
Selection criteria for Google European Doctoral Fellowship Programme
‣ Committees of distinguished engineers and researchers from within Google will review all applications.
‣ Fellowship recipients will be announced in May 2015.
‣ For each student nomination, the university’s Computer Science department (or invited department) should please submit:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1st February 2015.
‣ Note: An online nomination form will be available in early January 2015 for submissions
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.