Goethe International Postdoctoral Fellowships (GO-IN) in Germany and applications are submitted till June 15, 2014. Applications are invited for Goethe International PostDoc Programme which will be hosted in one of the key research areas at Goethe University. Up to five fellowships will be awarded for 12-24 months according to requirements of the planned project. The programme focuses on incoming mobility and addresses junior researchers from all nationalities. Fellows will be supported by competitive salaries and social benefits, including a mobility allowance, will receive a family allowance if bringing their children and a research cost contribution for theory-based research of 500 Euros per month or for lab-based research of 800 Euros per month. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Goethe University | Germany
Level: Postdoctoral Research Fellowships
Field(s): In key research areas of Structural Biology, Cell and Gene Therapy and Oncology .
Deadline: June 15, 2014.
Funded By: Goethe University, Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Goethe International Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Researchers from all nationalities.
‣ Award No: Up to 5 postdoctoral fellowships are awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are awarded for 12-24 months according to requirements of the planned project.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows receive 5475 Euros per month before taxes and social contributions (like health and unemployment insurance). This includes a living and travel and mobility allowance. If fellows bring their own children, another 380 Euros will be added per month. Mind that taxes and social contributions in Germany are quite high. Furthermore, a research cost contribution of 800 Euros per month (lab-based research) or 500 Euros per month (theoretical research) is allocated to a fellowship.
‣ The Goethe International Postdoc Programme (GO-IN) will comprise up to 5 Goethe International Postdoctoral Fellowships which will be hosted in one of the key research areas at Goethe University.
‣ The programme focuses on incoming mobility and addresses junior researchers from all nationalities.
‣ Goethe University in Frankfurt am Main is one of the largest universities in Germany with approximately 42,000 students, 2,650 PhD students and 650 professors in 16 faculties.
‣ Embedded in a metropolitan area of considerable economic strength, with a sizeable international population and a cosmopolitan spirit, the University covers a wide range of subjects.
‣ Full-time research experience of minimum 4 years (incl. PhD) and max. 10 years, part-time experience is to be converted into full-time equivalent.
‣ Applicants may have not spent more than 12 months in Germany in the past three years.
‣ Completeness of the application form and further documents.
‣ Applying for a time span between 12 and 24 months. -The research project generally fits into one of the participating research areas.
Selection Criteria: Competence of the fellow
‣ Quality and results of previous research with regard to the planned research project
‣ Potential or recognized excellence evaluated with regard to previous research activities, publications and, if applicable, previous third-party funding raised by the applicant
‣ The applicant’s scientific independence -International experience, research activities in an international context, transnational mobility
‣ Additional evaluation criteria regarding teaching, supervision, teamwork, knowledge transfer, management experience, public awareness activities, intersectorial mobility, practical experience
‣ Scientific quality of the planned research project
‣ Applicants will be informed on every decision taken in the course of the selection process (acknowledgement of receipt of the application, eligibility of application, decision of the Selection Committee, decision after Skype interview and final decision by the Supervisory Board).
‣ The final decision is communicated roughly about 3 months after the application deadline.
‣ Documents have to be submitted online by email to goin-at-uni-frankfurt.de.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on June 15, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.