Go Red Multicultural Scholarship is offered by American Heart Association for sixteen women scholars. These scholarships are available for students who are currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, health care institution or program in USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Accredited college, university, health care institution or program in the USA | USA
Level: currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, health care institution or program in the USA
Deadline: November 30, 2013.
Funded By: Macy’s, national sponsor of Go Red For Women and Go Red For Your Heart.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Go Red M Scholarship is targeted for students of USA (Hispanic, African-American or other minority origin).
‣ Award No: About Sixteen scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship covers: 16 scholarships of $2,500 each will be awarded to qualifying applicants in Fall 2014.
‣ For racially and ethnically diverse women in at-risk communities, the need for passionate, strong voices in healthcare is critical.
‣ That’s because Hispanic women are likely to develop heart disease 10 years earlier than non-Hispanics. And African American women have almost twice the risk of stroke than Caucasians.
‣ Yet, there’s a shortage of diversity in female nurses and doctors. Go Red For Women is committed to reversing those trends.
‣ That’s why we invite women to apply for one of the 16 scholarships of $2,500 that will be awarded through the Go Red Multicultural Scholarship Fund.
‣ Now in its fourth year in 2013-2014, the scholarship aims to help close the gaps in both treatment and access to a more affordable education for women of diverse backgrounds.
‣ We believe the best way to do this is to ensure that all Americans have an opportunity to work with healthcare providers that truly understand the cultural differences and traditions that impact lifestyle and attitudes toward heart health.
To be avail Go Red Multicultural Scholarship fund, Applicants must:
‣ Be a female of Hispanic, African;
‣ American or other minority origin;
‣ Be a U.S. citizen/permanent resident of the United States;
‣ Be currently enrolled in an accredited college, university, health care institution or program in the U.S.\
‣ Have a minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA.
‣ A review committee will select finalists based on academic achievement, community involvement, letters of recommendation and their personal essay.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here now.
‣ Students will be need to provide:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 30 November 2013.
‣ Winners will be selected and announced in February 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Hispanic, scholarships, USA, women