Go Africa Go Germany fellowship exchange programme is offered by The Partnership with Africa Foundation e.V. (Stiftung Partnerschaft mit Afrika e.V.). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany and Namibia
Level: exchange programme
Field(s): education programme that will encompass talks with political decision-makers, journalists, academics, and other personalities from civil society and business from both countries.
Funded by: The Partnership with Africa Foundation e.V. (Stiftung Partnerschaft mit Afrika e.V.)
Deadline: April 1, 2013.
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Go Africa Go Germany fellowship is Open for Students Germany and Southern Africa (Botswana, Lesotho Namibia, South Africa and Swaziland).
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: The number of participants is limited to 24, twelve from Southern African countries and twelve from Germany.
‣ Scholarship covers: All basic programme costs will be covered.
‣ The Partnership with Africa Foundation e.V. (Stiftung Partnerschaft mit Afrika e.V.) is granting a Go Africa Go Germany fellowship to students and young professionals from Germany and Southern Africa.
‣ It will enable them to take part in a five-week exchange programme to be held in August 2013 in Germany and continued in March 2014 in Namibia.
‣ The fellowship holders are invited to take part in an education programme that will encompass talks with political decision-makers, journalists, academics, and other personalities from civil society and business from both countries.
‣ Participants are moreover given the opportunity to take part in political and cultural events and excursions.
‣ Thereby, participants contribute towards implementing the programme by assisting in organizing lectures and facilitating group discussions.
‣ In addition, they will also work on a common study paper focusing on an academic subject.
‣ The latter will be prepared during the programme phase in Germany and written between September 2013 and April 2014.
‣ As members of a vibrant Alumni network, the participants are moreover highly encouraged to stay involved after the programme by developing and implementing German-African partnership projects.
‣ The programme is directed at students and young graduates from Germany and Southern Africa and will be held in English.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to avail Go Africa Go Germany fellowship.
‣ should be between 21 and 28 years old and be studying or
‣ have a degree in political science, modern history, international relations, economics, business administration, African studies, cultural studies, media and communication studies, law, or equivalent academic programmes.
‣ A further condition for receiving a grant is that applicants must be able to participate for the entire period.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please e-mail your full application package (essay, letter of motivation, CV incl. photograph) to the Partnership with Africa Foundation e.V.’s ID i.e. goafrica-at-german-african-partnership.org.
‣ Interested individuals are welcome to apply to the Partnership with Africa Foundation e.V. by submitting an essay comprising a maximum of three A4 pages (approx. 6.000 characters) written in English.
‣ The essay focusing on one of the two topics outlined below must be accompanied by a letter of motivation comprising no more than one A4 page, a curriculum vitae in tabular form, and a photograph.
‣ The following information must be provided: surname, first name, gender, date of birth, profession and/or field of study, place of study, place of work, and place of residence.
‣ Applicants are also asked to issue a declaration stating that they wrote the essay without any help from third parties.
‣ Direct and indirect citations must be marked and referenced as such and the source must be named. Plagiarism will disqualify an applicant from consideration.
You may also like