Globalink Graduate Fellowships are funded by Mitacs G & University of British Columbia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of British Columbia | Canada
Level: Master’s(MSc) or Doctorate (PhD) Degree
Field(s): Courses offered by the university.
Deadline: 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2013.
Funded by: Mitacs_Globalink and University of British Columbia
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of India, China, Brazil, and Mexico.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of awards: Up to six Scholarships are offered
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The fellowship provides $35,000 per year for two years, comprised of: -$10,000 stipend from UBC -$10,000 stipend from Mitacs -$15,000 from graduate program / research supervisor in the form of research assistantships, teaching assistantships, GSI award funding or any combination.
‣ In collaboration with Mitacs, UBC has created the G Graduate Fellowships for G alumni students who wish to pursue a research Master’s or PhD program at UBC.
‣ UBC will fund up to six students per year, depending on availability of funding from Mitacs, the quality of the students, and their fit with their prospective graduate programs.
‣ Eligible students are top undergraduate students who have completed the Mitacs G summer research program.
‣ The program currently accepts students from India, China, Brazil, and Mexico. Applicants will be pursuing research-based Master’s or PhD studies at UBC starting in January 2013, May 2013, or September 2013.
‣ Nominations for Globalink Graduate Fellowships will be evaluated using the following criteria:
Note: ‣ Applicants need to be registered with Mitacs for the Fellowship competition.
‣ And International scholars are welcome to apply. Degree Level: Masters & Doctoral Applicant Status: Incoming Students
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply directly to graduate programs. Students should contact their prospective graduate program for details about the internal deadline and application procedures.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 4:00 p.m. on Thursday, January 31, 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like