Global Research Scholarships for International Students in UK, and applications are submitted till 1 February 2017. University of Edinburgh is inviting application for 30 Edinburgh G Research Scholarships for session 2017-2018. The awards are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study. The awards are tenable for up to three years. Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Edinburgh | UK
Level: research degree and may be held in any field of study at University of Edinburgh.
Field(s): any field of study at University of Edinburgh.
Deadline: 1 February 2017.
Funded By: University of Edinburgh
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Edinburgh G Research Scholarships are targeted for International students
‣ Award No: 30 Edinburgh Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2017-2018.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Not Known
‣ Scholarship covers: Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
‣ These awards are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh.
‣ 30 Edinburgh Global Research Scholarships will be awarded for session 2015-2016.
‣ Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student.
‣ The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
‣ Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
‣ The Global Research Scholarships are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study.
‣ Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
(a) Academic merit:
‣ Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
‣ Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
‣ Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
(b) Excluding factors: The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
‣ Students already on programme can not be considered for these awards.
‣ Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2014 and your PhD the following year in 2015, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2014.
‣ Edinburgh Global Res Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
‣ lease note you will not be able to access the online application form unless you have applied for admission to the University of Edinburgh.
The online scholarship application form is located in EUCLID and can be accessed via MyEd our web based information portal at https://www.myed.ed.ac.uk
When logging in to MyEd, you will need your University User Name and password. If you require assistance, please go to http://www.ed.ac.uk/student-systems/support-guidance
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 1 February 2017.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.