Global Research Scholarships. University of Edinburgh is offering 30 Global Res Scholarships in UK. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Edinburgh | UK
Level: Research Program
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the University of Edinburgh.
Deadline: 3rd February 2014.
Funded By: University of Edinburgh,UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Global Res Scholarships are targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: 30 Edinburgh Global Res Scholarships will be awarded for session 2014-2015.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student. The awards do not cover maintenance expenses.
‣ Global Research Scholarships are designed to attract high quality overseas research students to the University of Edinburgh.
‣ 30 Edinburgh Global Res Scholarships will be awarded for session 2014-2015.
‣ Each award covers the difference between the tuition fee for a UK/EU graduate student and that chargeable to an overseas graduate student.
‣ The awards do not cover maintenance expenses. Subject to satisfactory progress, the awards are tenable for up to three years.
‣ The Global Research Scholarships are open to overseas students undertaking a research degree and may be held in any field of study.
‣ Applicants must be liable to pay tuition fees at the rate applicable to overseas students and must have already applied for admission to a full-time PhD research programme of study.
(a) Academic merit:
‣ Applicants must be of outstanding academic merit and research potential.
‣ Although candidates with an upper second class honours Bachelor’s degree (or the overseas equivalent) can be considered, in order to be competitive you should really have a first class Bachelor’s degree supplemented by an excellent Master’s degree.
‣ Other factors such as financial status, nationality and the proposed field of study are not taken into account.
(b) Excluding factors: The University of Edinburgh will not generally consider candidates who have already obtained a PhD, or formal equivalent, as a result of direct research training.
‣ Students already on programme can not be considered for these awards.
‣ Please also note that if you have applied for consecutive registration where you will start your Master’s programme of study in 2014 and your PhD the following year in 2015, that you will not be eligible to apply for an award in 2014.
‣ Edinburgh Global Res Scholarships cannot be held concurrently with fully-funded scholarships such as a Commonwealth Scholarship, or a Marshall Scholarship.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on: Eligible applicants should complete an online scholarship application before the application deadline i.e. 3rd February 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ Successful applicants will receive their Edinburgh Global Research Scholarship result letter in April 2014.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Edinburgh, International, research, scholarships, UK, University