Getty Foundation is funding conservation guest scholars grant program to pursue scholarly research in an interdisciplinary manner across traditional boundaries in areas of interest to the international conservation community. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Getty Conservation Institute | USA
Field(s): conservation and allied fields .
Deadline: November 1, 2013.
Funded By: The Getty Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Students.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Conservation Guest Scholars are in residence at the Getty Center for three or six consecutive months between late September 2014 and June 2015.
‣ Scholarship covers: A monthly stipend of $3,500 is awarded, prorated to the actual dates of residency. In addition to the stipend, the grant also includes a workstation at the Conservation Institute, research assistance, airfare to Los Angeles, an apartment in the Getty scholar housing complex, and health benefits. Conservation Guest Scholar Grants support research to be undertaken while in residence at the Getty. Nonresidential research and travel are not supported by this grant.
‣ The Conservation Guest Scholar Program at the Getty Conservation Institute supports new ideas and perspectives in the field of conservation, with an emphasis on the visual arts (including sites, buildings, and objects) and the theoretical underpinnings of the field.
‣ The program provides an opportunity for professionals to pursue scholarly research in an interdisciplinary manner across traditional boundaries in areas of interest to the international conservation community.
‣ These grants are for established conservators, scientists, and professionals who have attained distinction in conservation and allied fields.
‣ Applicants should have at least five years experience in the field of conservation and should have an established record of publications and other contributions to the field.
‣ Grants are not intended to fund research for the completion of an academic degree.
‣ The GCI will consider proposals that require use of the GCI Science laboratories; however use is dependent upon availability of lab facilities and staff time and cannot be guaranteed.
‣ Applications are welcome from researchers of all nationalities.
‣ Conservation Guest Scholar Grants are awarded on a competitive basis.
‣ Applications are reviewed by committee and evaluated by the Conservation Institute based on:
‣ Applicants will be notified of the Getty Conservation Institute’s decision in late spring 2014.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by November 1, 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, CONSERVATION, Grant, International, research, Scholars, USA
Your first paragraph ...