German Chancellor Fellowship is offered by Federal Foreign Office offers for students of USA, the Russian Federation or the People’s Republic of China who like to do research in Germany. Full details:
‣ Scholarship Covers: The amount of the fellowship is 2,150 EUR, 2,450 EUR or 2,750 EUR per month. The fellowship amount includes a mobility allowance (cf. A.3.4.) and a subsidy towards the cost of medical and liability insurance (cf. A.3.6.). 7 Depending on the funds available, the size of the monthly fellowship reflects, in particular, the fellow’s academic and professional qualification and status as well as the professional experience. Decisions on the amount are made by the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation.
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany.
Level: Research Level.
Field(s): Federal Foreign Office offers German Chancellor Fellowships for Prospective Leaders in Germany.
Funded By: Federal Foreign Office
Deadline: People’s Republic of China: 30 June2013 ; for applicants from the United States: 15 October 2013; for applicants from the Russian Federation: 15 November2013.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): German Chancellor Fellowship is targeted for students of USA, the Russian Federation or the People’s Republic of China.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation grants up to 30 German Chancellor Fellowships annually, with up to ten prospective leaders selected from each of the three countries.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The fellowship is granted for a period of 12 months.
‣ The Alexander von Humboldt Foundation’s German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is for university graduates from the United States, the Russian Federation and the People’s Republic of China with an interest in international issues and demonstrated leadership potential.
‣ The programme is targeted at accomplished young professionals who are likely to become decision-makers, thought leaders, and influential voices in their respective fields.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail German Chancellor Fellowship.
1. citizenship of the United States, the Russian Federation or the People’s Republic of China;
2. bachelor’s or comparable academic degree, completed less than twelve years prior to the starting date of the fellowship (1 September of the year following application) ;
3. demonstrated leadership potential; applicants whose background is largely academic should also have gained some leadership experience beyond their own research activities ;
4. either English or German language skills ;
5. project plan (approx. 5 pages) detailing the project’s subject matter, goals and a time plan; the candidate must draw up the project plan independently and secure the support of the proposed mentor before submitting an application;
6. a detailed host’s statement, including a confirmation of support; 7. two or three expert opinions from individuals qualified to comment on the candidate’s professional, personal, and/or academic background
‣ The aim of the German Chancellor Fellowship Programme is to recruit young leaders from a broad range of professional and academic backgrounds as future mediators between Germany and their respective countries of origin. In this context, your academic and professional development to date are the central aspects of the assessment.
Scholarship Application Method:
‣ Apply online. If you wish to submit an application you must register first. Click here to register. ‣ Applicants should now choose the appropriate programme line.
‣ Your email address is also your user name.
‣ Applicants must choose a password on registration. After registering you will be sent an email with a link which will allow you to log-on and access the application form using your user name and password. You can interrupt the application process at any time and save your data.
‣ The application may only be submitted once. Should you experience any problems with the online application please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.Applications must be completed online.
‣ The completed application form including all the additional documents required must be submitted online by the closing date. Click on the tab “Online-Application” to find additional information on all the documentation required and be able to access the online application procedure.
‣ Confirmation that your documents have been received will be sent to you as soon as you have submitted them.
‣ It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that he or she has submitted all the necessary documents.
‣ Incomplete applications may be excluded from the selection procedure. Your proposed host in Germany should send his/her confidential statement directly to the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation by the closing date at the latest.
‣ The selection process involves two stages. The most promising eligible candidates will be invited to a selection interview on the basis of the candidate’s application and written documentation.
‣ The interview will take place in the candidate’s home country. Those selected for an interview will be given the opportunity to introduce themselves and to present their projects to an independent selection committee, which determines the allocation of fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: The deadline for applications is Applications must be completed online. The closing dates for the three programme lines are: for applicants from the People’s Republic of China: 30 June each year, for applicants from the United States: 15 October each year, for applicants from the Russian Federation: 15 November each year.
‣ In each selection round, the best applicants will be selected for a fellowship. Approval or rejection of an application is always directly related to the qualifications of the other applicants. Thus, it is usually impossible to provide detailed reasons for a rejection.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like