German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) in Germany, and applications are submitted till 30 June 2016. German Bundestag offers international parliamentary scholarships to highly qualified, dedicated, open-minded and politically interested young men and women who have the will to shape the democratic future of their country actively and responsibly. IPS promotes exchange, understanding and cooperation between the participation countries and Germany and supports the formation of networks. The IPS program takes a total of 15 weeks and is composed of events, seminars and an internship at Members of the German Bundestag. The International Parliamentary scholarship includes a monthly allowance of 450 EUR, free accommodation and a health, accident and liability insurance. In addition, the cost of arrival and departure are taken to and from Berlin. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: The IPS program lasts 5 months (March 1 to July 31) and is composed of events, seminars and an internship at a Members of the German Bundestag.
Field(s): Scholarship provides the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of Germany’s system of parliamentary government. The participants are introduced to the wide variety of tasks carried out in a Member’s office.
Funded By: German Bundestag (collaborates with the Humboldt-University of Berlin, Free University of Berlin and Technical University of Berlin), Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships are targeted for applicants from following participating countries: Egypt, Albania, Algeria, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Bulgaria, Estonia, Georgia,
Israel, Greece, Iraq, Jordan, Kazakhstan, Kosovo, Croatia, Latvia, Lebanon, Libya, Lithuania, Morocco, Macedonia, Moldova, Montenegro, Palestinian Territories, Poland,
Romania, Russia, Serbia, Slovakia, Slovakia, Slovenia, Syria, Czech Republic, Turkey, Tunisia, Ukraine, Hungary, USA and Cyprus can apply for this Germany scholarship.
‣ Award No: The German Bundestag awards with the Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin and the Technical University of Berlin every year about 120 scholarships for young graduates from 41 nations.
‣ Scholarship Duration: 5 months, each year from 1 March to 31 July
‣ Scholarship covers: The participants / inside receive
‣ The German Bundestag collaborates with the Humboldt-Universität zu Berlin, Freie Universität Berlin and Technische Universität Berlin to run its International Parliamentary Scholarships (IPS) scheme.
‣ This gives well qualified young people with a strong interest in politics from the USA, France, Israel and Central, Eastern and South Eastern Europe the opportunity to gain first-hand experience of Germany’s system of parliamentary government.
‣ The German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships scheme involves fifteen-week placements with Members of the GermanBundestag. The participants are introduced to the wide variety of tasks carried out in a Member’s office.
‣ For example, they may find themselves drafting speeches, articles and letters or doing preparatory work for plenary sittings. The exchange programmes of the German Bundestag are conceived of as exciting ways of teaching young people about the significance of friendly cooperation based on shared political and cultural values.
‣ Citizenship of the participating country
‣ university degree
‣ very good German language skills (at Level B2 of the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages)
‣ younger than 30 years at the start of the scholarship.
‣ completed university degree
Selection Criteria for German Bundestag International Parliamentary Scholarships
‣ The IPS is open to highly qualified, dedicated, open-minded and politically interested young women and men who have the will to shape the democratic future of their country, actively and responsibly.
‣ The scholarship recipients are selected by an independent selection committee of the German Bundestag with the participation of universities in Berlin due to technical, social, linguistic and intercultural competences.
‣ The participants will be selected in a two step process. A first selection is made by the German Embassy in Tirana.
‣ The remaining candidates will be invited to an 2015 interview in the fall / winter spot where an independent selection committee of the German Bundestag makes a second selection based on technical, social, linguistic and intercultural competencies of candidates.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should apply via email.
Please find all application forms and further information on the application procedure on the programme's website ( http://www.bundestag.de/bundestag/europa_internationales/internat_austausch/neue_laender/bewerbung_neu/bewerbung/244992 )
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date :
Application deadlines vary depending on the country of origin. Please find a list of all participating countries here ( http://www.bundestag.de/bundestag/europa_internationales/internat_austausch/neue_laender/bewerbung_neu/bewerbung/244992 )
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.