Georg Eckert Institute offers fellowship programme annually for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): GEI| Germany
Level: Research Programme.
Field(s): This fellowship programme is offered for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches.
Deadline: 15 September.
Funded By:The Institute’s research fellowships and stipends are funded by the German Federal Foreign Office and by the Friends and Supporters of the Georg Eckert Institute.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for German and foreign applicants.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are usually awarded for a period of one to one-and-a-half months, with a minimum duration of two weeks.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fellows receive a monthly stipend of 1,000 Euro. The Georg Eckert Institute will not automatically reimburse travel expenses. Nevertheless, fellows may apply for a travel allowance, which may be granted, provided funds are available, in cases of demonstrable need. The allowance will cover up to 50% of the fellow’s travel expenses, to a maximum of 500 Euro. Fellowship holders must ensure that they are covered by adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay.
‣ The text book library of the Georg Eckert Institute is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuing high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides.
‣ In order to fulfil its purpose, the Institute relies upon close and ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from Germany and around the world.
‣ With this in mind, the Institute and its supporters have established a fellowship programme for the promotion of international academic exchange and the development of international textbook research, with a particular emphasis on comparative approaches.
‣ The fellowships are awarded in particular for -research motivated by the desire to promote understanding among nations through education.
‣ This research is aimed at identifying prejudices, distortions in perception, and stereotyped and adversarial images transmitted in education, as well as their origins, by means of analyzing educational material;
‣ international educational and didactical research on the methods, content and objectives of teaching in the subject areas in which the Institute’s library specializes;
‣ research in the field of the fundamental governmental, institutional and social frameworks in which this teaching takes place;
‣ academic research on issues of perception and reception in the fields of history, geography and social science;
‣ studies on textbook development in the subjects represented at the Institute which aim at identifying new directions for the production of textbooks based on comparative international textbook research.
To avail Georg Eckert Institute fellowship , candidates must meet the following criteria:
‣ Candidates for a fellowship should hold a university degree, or have attained a comparable qualification in the field of education.
‣ We also welcome applications from people who are involved in the writing of textbooks or employed by textbook publishers, as well as those whose activities in the field of education are concerned with curricula and textbooks.
‣ The work to be undertaken during the fellowship must be conducive to the Institute’s own work or projects in the field of international textbook research.
‣ Some fellowships are reserved for individuals who conduct projects affiliated with the Institute.
‣ The Georg Eckert Institute may occasionally offer fellowships attached to a specific topic on a competitive basis.
‣ Interviews will be held with selected candidates as soon as possible after the application deadline.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applications should be submitted by post or, preferably, by email. Applications for a fellowship should include:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due 15 September of each year for the following year.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, Fellowship, germany, International, research