GEI Fellowship Programme for German and Foreign Applicants, and applications are submitted till October 1, 2016. The G E I’ s fellowship programmme supports research on textbooks and other educational media. Individual fellowships of 1 000 EUR per month are awarded for research stays of between two weeks and a maximum of six weeks. Applications are invited from academics, individuals involved in the production of textbooks (design, writing, editing, etc.), employees of educational publishers, and other individuals involved in the development of curricula and textbooks. Research projects should be relevant to the collection in the GEI’s specialist library. The applications are open for both German and foreign nationality students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: research program
Field(s): fellowships are awarded to conduct research projects or to finish major publications without teaching or administrative obligations. The fellowship aims to promote education for sustainable peace with a particular focus on educational media and curricula at the secondary school level in post-conflict or transitional societies.
Deadline: October 1, 2016.
Funded By: Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI), Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): GEI Fellowship Programme is targeted for both german and foreign nationality students.
‣ No. of awards: The Georg Eckert Institute for International Textbook Research (GEI) in Braunschweig, Germany will award several short-term fellowships for visiting researchers in 2017.
‣ Scholarship Tenure : Fellowships are usually awarded for for a three- to six-month research stay in Braunschweig
‣Value of Scholarship : Fellows receive a monthly stipend of 1000 EUR. The Georg Eckert Institute will not automatically reimburse travel expenses. Nevertheless, fellows may apply for a travel allowance, which may be granted, provided funds are available, in cases of demonstrable need. The allowance will cover up to 50% of the fellow’s travel expenses, to a maximum of 500 EUR. Fellowship holders must ensure that they are covered by adequate health insurance for the duration of their stay.
‣ The Georg Eckert Institute Library is an unparalleled resource for international textbook research, as is demonstrated by the continuously high demand among researchers from Germany and abroad for the research facilities it provides.
order to fulfill its purpose, the Institute relies upon close and
ongoing contact with scholars and educational practitioners from
Germany and around the world. With this in mind, the Institute and
its association of supporters have established a fGEI Fellowship
Programme for the promotion of international academic exchange and
the development of international textbook research, with a particular
emphasis on comparative approaches.
‣ Distinguished scholars from the humanities, political and social sciences, education sciences or law who hold a Ph.D. and have excellent knowledge of English may apply. Applicants must demonstrate outstanding academic or professional achievement in their fields.
‣ Individuals with extensive high-level international experience in government or non-governmental organizations or in international organizations may also apply.
Please note: In exceptional cases, the Georg Eckert Institute will consider applications from practitioners who do not hold a Ph.D. but who have at least five years of advanced professional experience in the area of peace education and who can demonstrate that their work and/or research projects have made an exceptional impact in the field of peace education.
‣ Candidates will receive notification of the selection panel’s decision by the end of November 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please send your application, containing all required documents in the required format (in one PDF-file, max. 2 MB), by e-mail.
The application must include a cover letter providing evidence of the quality of the candidate’s scholarship and expertise and a description of the research project or book the candidate wishes to work on. Candidates should state the objectives of their research, outline their methodology and describe the significance of their research for the field of education for sustainable peace as well as the intended results of the project and how they plan to disseminate them. Candidates should also submit a full CV (including a list of publications), a sample of the applicant’s current scholarly writing (a book chapter or article), and the completed application form, which they should fill out, print and sign before submitting it as a scanned PDF document.
All documents must be in Word or PDF format and the file size must not exceed 2 MB. Submissions should be made electronically. Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org, using the subject line “Arnhold Program.”
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: The application deadline for the 2017/18 fellowship year is October 1, 2016. At the earliest, the fellowship can be started in the fall of 2017.
‣ A selection committee, which includes the advisory board of the program, will meet in early 2017 to select the successful candidate. The principal criteria for the committee's decision will be the candidates’ academic reputation and the quality of the project or book they intend to work on during their sabbatical in Germany. Candidates are responsible for obtaining a passport and any visa that might be required as well as for arranging healthcare insurance for the duration of their stay in Germany.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
Program coordinator Georg Arnhold Program / Publications and International Cooperation
Branch Office B0.20
Phone: +49 531 59099-313
Send email : email@example.com