GEAS General Training Programme and PhD Fellowships in Germany, and applications are submitted till December 1, 2017. Graduate School of East Asian Study is offering up to twelve PhD fellowships to analyze the institutional environment of social, political, cultural and economic actors in the East Asian region. Fellowships will initially be granted for one year, and contingent upon a positive evaluation after each year of study, fellowships will be extended for another year. The fellowship may be granted for a maximum of three years. The fellowships include PhD stipends of € 1365 €/month (plus 103 €/m research allowance). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
dissertation research at GEAS will be conducted in the context of the
three interconnected research lenses of its academic profile: (1) the
origin and change of institutions in East Asia, (2) the effects
institutions have on processes related to globalization and
modernization in East Asia on the side of governments, bureaucracies
or business and individual life-styles or related preferences, and,
finally, (3) the interdependencies of institutions in East Asia
within and beyond its regional boundaries.
Deadline: December 1, 2017.
Funded By: Graduate School of East Asian Study (GEAS), Germany
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): GEAS General Training Programme and PhD Fellowships are targeted for German and international students .
‣ Award No: There are total twelve fellowships available.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships will initially be granted for one year, and contingent upon a positive evaluation after each year of study, fellowships will be extended for another year. The fellowship may be granted for a maximum of three years.
‣ Scholarship covers: University will offer PhD stipends of € 1365 €/month (plus 103 €/m research allowance).
‣ Every year, GEAS admits 12 doctoral candidates who receive fully funded doctoral fellowships. ‣ Up to three other doctoral candidates per year can be accepted with funding from other FU Berlin programs, from partner institutions in East Asia or from scholarships provided by German or international organizations.
candidates are admitted for the fall semester, starting October 1.
Graduate School of East Asian Studies will occasionally admit
visiting students from partner institutions and/or funded by external
scholarships who may study at the GEAS from several months up to one
or two years if they receive permission.
‣ The language of instruction is English. Successful candidates will also show proof of language skills in an East Asian Language (Chinese, Japanese, or Korean) at a level of B2 (CEFR) or higher.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants are required to apply online at the application portal. Note that the candidates selected for a nomination for DAAD have to submit a subsequent application to the funding organization for a final decision. Applicants for CSC must submit their application to Beijing Office of Freie Universität until January 2018 at http://www.fu-berlin.de/en/sites/china/foerdermoeglichkeiten/fuer_chinesen/CSC-PhD-Program/PhD_Offer_2018/index.html.
Applications should include
· a CV
· a letter of academic interest
· a brief outline of the prospective dissertation topic (maximum 6 pages)
· a schedule for the dissertation
· and copies of certificates of your relevant degrees and language skills.
Two letters of recommendation shall be sent or uploaded directly by your referees to GEAS via the online application system before the deadline. For more information and guidelines as well as for applications, please register at the online application portal .
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on December 1, 2017.
The next application deadline will be December 1, 2017. For questions on admission and the online portal, please also consult the Admission FAQ on our homepage.
The screening takes place in spring 2018. Shortlisted candidates will be interviewed (via Skype). Candidates accepted for admission into GEAS will receive notice by mid-May 2017.
For additional information, please check our website and feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. No legal entitlement shall be constituted by applying to the program. Reasons for rejections will not be disclosed.
Please visit our website for more information: http://geas.fu-berlin.de
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.