GCSC Phd Scholarship for applicants from around the world. Applications are open until February 1, 2014. The International Graduate Centre for the Study of Culture is offering PhD Scholarships for international students in Germany. Applications are open until February 1, 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Germany
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Scholarships will be awarded for study of culture. The GCSC focuses its research within the following research areas: Cultural Memory Studies, Cultural Narratologies, Cultural Transformation and Performativity Studies, Visual and Material Culture Studies, Media and Multiliteracy Studies, Cultural Identities, Global Studies and Politics of Space and Cultures of Knowledge, Research and Education.
Deadline: February 1, 2014
Funded By: These scholarships will be funded by the Excellence Initiative as well as the Justus Liebig University Giessen.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): GCSC Phd Scholarship is targeted applicants from around the world.
‣ Award No: 13
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships will be offered for one year with the possibility of two extensions of one year each. The GCSC supports young researchers with families; appointees with children under the age of twelve are eligible for renewals of up to four years.
‣ Scholarship covers: Doctoral scholarships include a monthly stipend of € 1468 (plus family allowances when applicable).
‣ They are granted for one year with the possibility of two extensions of one year each. Doctoral scholarships include a monthly stipend of € 1468.
‣ PhD candidates seeking an excellent research environment will find ideal working conditions and maximum support at the GCSC and will have access to all the advantages offered by the GCSC to its members.
GCSC Phd Scholarship
The GCSC particularly welcomes applications for PhD scholarships from students who:
‣ Graduated with excellent marks from two-year research-track master’s programmes in one of the GCSC’s academic subjects or in cultural studies.
‣ Please note: If your main subject does not appear on the list of affiliated departments (for example, if you have a degree in Cultural Studies), you may still be eligible for membership of the GCSC, provided your research project can contribute to one of the GCSC’s research profiles.
‣ Are proposing a research project that contributes to one (or several) of the GCSC’s research areas and that they have not worked on for more than one year.
‣ Are fluent in English or German, knowledge of both is an advantage and should be acquired during the scholarship period
‣ The main selection criteria are the candidates’ academic qualifications, the academic quality of the research proposal and the suitability of the project for the GCSC’s research programme.
‣ Short-listed candidates will be invited to a 30-minute interview at the GCSC.
‣ Applicants are required to fill in and submit our online application form and to upload the following documents before the current deadline.
‣ Scholarship Applicantions are due on 01 February 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like