GATE Erasmus Mundus Mobility Project is offered for students at all levels from East Asia. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Partner universities|Europe
Level: Bachelor, Master, PhD, post-doc researchers and staff
Field(s): Erasmus Mundus mobility project
Deadline: fall 2013
Funded By: GATE Erasmus Mundus mobility project
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is open for students at all levels from East Asia.
‣ Award No :103
‣ Scholarship Duration: 2014/15
‣ Scholarship covers: 103 scholarships provided+full insurance and roundtrip airplane ticket.
Amount of the scholarship
‣ GATE is an Erasmus Mundus mobility project funded by the European Commission (2012 - 2016). GATE Erasmus Mundus Mobility Project will provide 103 scholarships to students at all levels (Bachelor, Master, PhD, post-doc researchers and staff) from Cambodia, China, Indonesia, India, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia,Thailand and Vietnam to the European consortium partners.
The GATE project's operational objectives are as follows:
‣ The project supports the advancement of third-country institutions' international co-operation capacity through a transfer and export of EU universities’ experience in the implementation of the Erasmus programme and by applying the Erasmus exchange principles (such as the Learning Agreement) to the mobility activities between the partner institutions.
‣ The programme promotes co-operation between sending and hosting institutions, thus mutually enriching the educational environment of both the hosting and sending institutions in the EU and in the respective partner countries through a joint approach in selecting candidates and through a considerable number of mobility exchanges.
‣ The consortium will also provide new cooperation opportunities for EU and Asian universities and contribute to developing new links between academic institutions in the EU and Asia.
‣ The project will enable students and staff to benefit linguistically, culturally and educationally from the experience of pursuing studies or carrying out research in another country.
‣ The programme improves the transparency of studies, credit transfer and recognition, and qualifications by working according to the guidelines of what has become common practice in regard to student exchange under the Erasmus programme.
‣ The programme contributes to providing good students from vulnerable groups with further education and professional development — thus contributing to disseminate EU social and democratic values. The same applies to gender equity.
‣ The programme will enhance the skills and qualifications of international higher education staff through the mobility.
Amount of the scholarship
Bachelor 1.000 €
Master 1.000 €
PhD 1.500 €
Post-doc 1.800 €
Staff 2.500 €
‣ In addition, all scholars receive a full insurance coverage (travel, health, accident) and travel costs from their home country to their European host university (return ticket).
Applicants must meet the following criteria to avail GATE Erasmus Mundus Mobility Project:
‣ have the nationality of Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Thailand or Vietnam.
‣ Nationals of Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Mongolia, Myanmar, Thailand or Vietnam must not have resided nor have carried out their main activity (studies, work, etc.) for more than a total of 12 months over the last five years in one of the European countries at the moment of the submission of the application. This rule does not apply to target group 3 candidates.
‣ not have already benefited from a scholarship for the same type of mobility under another project under the Erasmus Mundus Action 2 (EMA2) programme or Erasmus Mundus External Cooperation Window (EMECW).
‣ need to comply with the Target Group and level of mobility requirements.
‣ have sufficient knowledge of the language of instruction of the Host University.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply, please visi How to apply page
‣ The first call for applications (for mobilities starting in fall 2013) closed on January 31, 2013.
‣ The second call for applications (for mobilities starting in fall 2014) will be launched in fall 2013.
‣ In order to apply for a scholarship you need to complete the online application and upload the requested documents.
‣ Please note: You are requested to upload scanned versions of all your original documents. In case original documents are not in English or the language of your host country, you need to upload scanned versions of official translations of these documents into English or the language of your host university!
‣ Please note: Host universities may ask for additional documents to be uploaded (in addition to the documents listed below).
‣ Check your host university's list of study programmes and upload any additional documents (if required). It's the responsibility of the applicant that all obligatory documents are uploaded.
‣ You can also visit FAQ
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Gate, Erasmus, Mundus, mobility, project , Asia