Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship Program in USA , and applications are submitted till May 16, 2014. Applications are invited for Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship Program available for students to pursue health-related career. For 2014, there will be five scholarships awarded. Scholarships are available for higher education students entering their junior and senior year of undergraduate study. Each award is a total of $5,000. The awards are distributed in two parts; the first half is awarded for the Fall Semester, the second half is awarded for the Spring Semester. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: students entering their junior and senior year of undergraduate study.
Field(s): health-related career.
Deadline: May 16, 2014.
Funded By: Arthur J.Gallagher & Co
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship is targeted for US and international students (however they must be studying at a U.S. based institution of higher education and meet all other eligibility criteria).
‣ Award No: For 2014, there will be five scholarships awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The awards are distributed in two parts; the first half is awarded for the Fall Semester, the second half is awarded for the Spring Semester.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each award is a total of $5,000. It is the intent of the Scholarship funds to be used for any expenses related to your academic pursuits. As funds are paid directly to the winning students, funds can be used for tuition, books, class materials, computers/equipment, living expenses, etc.
‣ Gallagher Student Health Careers Scholarship Program has provided more than 60 outstanding students with the financial assistance they need to pursue their health-related career.
‣ Each scholarship recipient is selected by the Scholarship Program Board of Directors, and each recipient both demonstrates and exceeds the program standards, which include: a strong motivation to pursue a healthcare career, academic excellence, a dedication to community service and a need for financial support of their education.
‣ Are an Undergraduate Student at an accredited Institution;
‣ Are Pursuing a Health-Related Career;
‣ Are Beginning the 3rd or 4th;
‣ Are Beginning the 3rd or 4th year of your 4 year of your 4-year Program in year Program in Fall 2014
‣ Volunteer with Community/Campus Service Organizations;
‣ Show a Strong Dedication to the Health Care Field;
‣ H Mi i GPA f 3 0 Have a Minimum GPA of 3.0 -Demonstrate Financial Need
‣ Winners are selected by the Scholarship Board of Directors from the pool of complete applicants who have been determined to be eligible.
‣ Primary focus is put on the essay portion of the application, which demonstrates the student’s commitment to their health career and community.
‣ Academic strength, letters of recommendation, participation in community and campus volunteer activities and other activities contribute to the Board’s determination of a student’s commitment.
‣ A student’s financial need and existing resources are also considered in determining final winners.
‣ After the deadline, applications are reviewed to ensure completion and eligibility before being forwarded to the Scholarship Board of Directors for selection.
‣ All decisions are typically made by the end of June/early July. Scholarship recipients will be contacted personally via the phone number/e-mail submitted within the application form.
‣ All non-selected applicants will be mailed a letter to the Summer 2014 address indicated on their application form.
‣ If you have not received notification by the end of July, please e-mail scholarship-at-gallagherstudent.com with your name and confirmation number
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Your application is not considered complete until all other items are mailed to Gallagher Student Health & Special Risk.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on May 16, 2014.
‣ Please note that this is the deadline for RECEIPT (not postmark) of all mailed materials in addition to the online application.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like