GAI-MA Scholarships for African at SOAS , University of London in UK , and applications are submitted till 30 April 2016. The Centre of African Studies offers 3 MSc scholarships to African applicants. Scholarships are available to undertake fulltime MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa. The scholarship provides fees, accommodation and living cost for the year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): SOAS, University of London| UK
Level: master program
Field(s): Scholarships are available for fulltime MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development
Deadline: 30 April 2016
Funded By: The Mo Ibrahim Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): This Scholarship is targeted for African students
‣ Award No: The Centre of African Studies offers 3 MSc scholarships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for one academic year.
‣ Scholarship covers:The scholarship provides for fees, for accommodation and living cost for the year.
‣ The Centre of African Studies offers 3 MSc GAI-MA Scholarships to African residents as part of the Governance for Development in Africa Initiative funded by the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.In order to be considered for funding, applicants must first secure a place for the MSc by applying directly to the SOAS admissions office.
‣ The Mo Ibrahim Foundation has generously provided SOAS with three MSc scholarships per year for African students undertaking full?time MSc programme in the field of Governance for Development in Africa.
‣ The scholarship provides for fees, for accommodation and living cost for the year.
‣ Domicile/Residency: Applicants must be domiciled (or permanent residents) in an African country.
‣ Preference will be given to scholarship candidates living in Sub?Saharan Africa.
‣ Eligible Programmes: MSc (Full?time) undertaken by scholarship applicants must directly address or be applicable to the issue of Governance in Africa.
‣ Assessment: Scholarship candidates will be assessed based on their academic merit and references. SOAS is committed to accepting only those scholarship candidates who can demonstrate an ability to complete a MSc in one year.
‣ Only complete applications will be accepted. Incomplete applications will not be considered for a scholarship.
‣ The Advisory Panel expects to have made a final decision on the Mo Ibrahim Foundation MSc Scholarships by May of each year.
‣ All scholarship candidates will be notified of the outcome of their application.
‣ Applications send by email or post.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 30 April 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.