FWO (Flanders) , a research foundation a research foundation invites application for its research funding scheme known as Pegasus. Full details:
School (Institution / Country): | Belgium
Level: Postdoctoral Research
Field(s): Study can happen in one of the five scientific areas: Biological Sciences, Cultural Studies, Behavioural and Social Sciences,Medical Sciences, Science and Technology.
Deadline: 01May 2013 .
Funded By: Flanders(FWO), a research foundation
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Scholarship is Open for all nationalities.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. Awards: Available fellowships are: For October 2013: 10 short fellowships, For January 2014: 10 short fellowships, For October 2014: 10 short fellowships, For January 2015: 9 short fellowships.
‣ Scholarships Duration: Pegasus short term postdoctoral appointments are for one year at a Flemish university.
‣ Scholarship Covers: Every fellow receives a bench fee of 4.000 €/year. This can be used for the purchase of research equipment, research travels and other issues related to the fellowship. Medium size and large infrastructure, however, are to be provided by the host institution. Fellows have the opportunity to compete for an additional research grant up to 40,000 euro (covering research equipment and consumables), to the extent that they meet the criteria and regulations for FWO Research Grants.
‣ Flanders(FWO), a research foundation invites application for its research funding scheme known as Pegasus. There are 6 calls in total, distributed over 3 years for both Pegasus short and long fellowships. The applications are open for international researchers at postdoctoral level in all scientific areas.
‣ The goals of PEGASUS are:Excellent postdoctoral researchers to Flanders in order to contribute to the advancement of Flemish research.
‣ The selected researchers offer optimal conditions to help them achieve their academic career in.
‣ For the long fellowships, there is only a single call which was launched in November 2011.
‣ For the short fellowships, there are 6 calls, distributed over 3 years.
‣ Flanders or abroad to further develop.For the calls closing in February, the awarded fellowships will start on October 1 of the same year.
‣ For the calls closing in May, the awarded fellowships will start on January 1 of the next year.
Candidates must meet the following criteria to avail FWO Pegasus Marie Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships
‣ On the start date of the mandate, the candidate must have obtained a PhD in any scientific field
‣ .The doctorate must be obtained before 1 June prior to the start of the mandate (the mandate starting on 1 October) or before November 1 prior to the start of the mandate (for mandates starting on 1 January of the following year). This means that candidates can apply before the effective defense of their thesis.
‣ Candidates for a Pegasus-long mandate may submit only one application within 6 years after obtaining their doctorate. -Candidates for a Pegasus-short mandate may submit only one application within 10 years after earning their doctorate.
‣ The calculation is performed in both cases from the scheduled starting date of the mandate, and the limit is one year shifted by pregnancy or parental leave, counted at the time of application. The rule does not apply to candidates who at the start of the mandate the age of 36 years have not yet reached.
‣ Pegasus mandates are specifically aimed at incoming mobility. Therefore the applicant during the three years prior to the start of the mandate, at least two years abroad have been active.
‣ The applicant must have research experience of an excellent quality, as demonstrated by a detailed CV and publication list.
‣ Moreover, he or she should have an advanced level of academic English to be powerful.
The evaluation criteria for the call are the following:
‣ The quality of the researcher;
‣ The scientific quality of the proposed project;
‣ The context of the work environment.
Scholarships Application Method
‣ The application form will be accessible online through the FWO e-portal.
‣ Scholarship Application Deadline: For the short fellowships, there are 6 calls, distributed over 3 years.The remaining fellowships’ deadlines are: 01/02/2013, 01/05/2013, 01/02/2014 and 01/05/2014.(For the calls closing in February, the awarded fellowships will start on October 1 of the same year. For the calls closing in May, the awarded fellowships will start on January 1 of the next year.)
‣ The evaluation of the proposals by the expert panels will be concluded at the latest 24 weeks after the deadline for submissions. Applicants will be informed about the funding decision no later than 8 weeks after the closure of the scientific evaluation.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like