Fung Global Fellows program is offered by Princeton University for PhD USA and International Students. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Princeton University| USA
Field(s): Social sciences and Humanities
Deadline: November 1, 2013
Funded By: Princeton University, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fung Global F program is targeted for USA and International Students.
‣ Award No: Each year, the Fung Global Fellows Program will select six scholars from around the world
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowships are for one academic year, 10 months from September to June.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ For the 2014-15 program year on “Global Diffusion,” the Fung Global Fellows program welcomes applications from scholars who have received their PhD (or the equivalent of an Anglo-American PhD) within 10 years of the proposed start date of the fellowship.
‣ For a fellowship beginning in fall 2014, applicants must have received their degree no earlier than September 1, 2004.
‣ The receipt of the PhD is determined by the date on which all requirements for the degree at the applicant’s home institution, including the defense and filing of the dissertation, were fulfilled.
‣ scholars who have received their PhD (or the equivalent of an Anglo-American PhD) within 10 years of the proposed start date of the fellowship.
‣ For a fellowship beginning in Fall 2014, applicants must have received their degree no earlier than September 1, 2004.
‣ Applicants must hold a position outside the United States of America at the time of application, to which they are expected to return at the conclusion of the fellowship.
‣ US citizens and non citizens, regardless of race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability, are eligible to apply.
‣ Candidates who have already demonstrated outstanding scholarly achievement and exhibit unusual intellectual promise but are still at the beginning of their careers.
‣ Fellows must be in residence in Princeton during the academic year of their fellowship so that they can interact with one another and participate actively in the program’s seminars and other events on campus.
‣ Fung Global Fellows are also expected to present their ongoing projects in seminars organized by the program.
‣ Criteria for the fellowship includes: the strength of the candidate’s research projects, the relationship of those projects to the program’s theme, the candidate’s previous scholarly work, the candidate’s ability to contribute to the intellectual life and intellectual exchange of the program, and the candidate’s work experience outside the United States.
‣ The selection committee is looking to establish a cohort of fellows whose work represents diverse analytical approaches and disciplinary backgrounds and addresses a wide variety of places.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply online here
‣Note: Only applications submitted through the online portal will be considered.
‣ The application dossier consists of seven (7) items.
‣ Items 1-6 should be submitted by the applicant;
‣ item 7, the letters of recommendation, should be submitted by the referees.
‣ Cover letter (1.5 pages maximum);
‣ Curriculum vitae;
‣ Research proposal (maximum of 3 pages, single spaced);
‣ One writing sample (article or book chapter, maximum of 50 pages);
‣ An official letter from the applicant’s employer affirming that, should the fellowship be awarded, the applicant would be permitted to accept it and to spend the academic year 2014/2015 at Princeton University.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 01 November 2013
‣ Candidates selected for interviews will be contacted by email in mid-December.
‣ All other applicants will be notified in 2014, once the selection process has been completed.
You may also like