Fully Paid Internship In Africa Program At Wilson Centre In USA, and applications are submitted till March 16, 2016. Applications are invited for Internships (Program) with the Africa Program at The Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars in USA. The program is seeking current graduate students or recent college graduates who have an interest in Africa, preferably with some academic or experiential background in the continent. This is a paid internship programme. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
will be assigned to work directly with the Africa Program Staff in
support of project activities.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars
Paid Internship In Africa Program is targeted for International
students studying in the U.S. are eligible, but they must hold a
valid F-1 or J-1 visa and appropriate work authorization.
duration of Fully Paid Internship In Africa Program is as follows:
Spring internships from January – April/May
Summer internships from June – August
Fall internships from September – December.
covers : Is
this paid internship? This
is a paid internship programme.
Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars is the living
national memorial to President Wilson established by Congress in 1968
and headquartered in Washington, D.C.
is a nonpartisan institution, supported by public and private funds,
engaged in the study of national and world affairs.
Wilson Center establishes and maintains a neutral forum for free,
open and informed dialogue.
Center commemorates the ideals and concerns of Woodrow Wilson by
providing a link between the world of ideas and the world of policy.
Wilson Center fosters research, study, discussion, and collaboration
among a broad spectrum of individuals concerned with policy and
scholarship in national and world affairs.
‣ He/she should have basic computer skills on a variety of software platforms. Applicants with a background in Africa, conflict resolution, international development, international relations, journalism, social media, outreach & communications, event planning, and program administration will be considered.
‣ Fluency in French is preferred. Good research skills and an enthusiastic and responsible approach to unsupervised work are strong assets. Excellent writing skills are essential.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Applicants should send a résumé and cover letter to Elizabeth Ramey, Program Associate, Africa Program, Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars by email at Africa-at-wilsoncenter.org or by fax: (202) 691-4001.
‣ In your cover letter and email, please specify your interest in the Program Internship with the Africa Program and the term for which you are applying.
‣ Save your files as pdfs with the file names “LastName Programmatic Internship Cover Letter” and “LastName Programmatic Internship Resume.” Applications not sent in this format will not be considered.
‣ Internship Application Due Date: Internship application deadline is March 16, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.