Full-Funded PhD Studentship in Medicine at Swansea Univerisity in UK 2014, and applications are submitted till 22nd August 2014. Swansea University is inviting applications for fully-funded PhD studentship in Medicine. Fully-funded PhD Studentship in Medicine at Swansea University in UK, 2014, but only UK/EU tuition fees will be paid. International students will be required to pay the remaining balance between UK/EU and international fees. Candidates should have a first or upper second class honours degree in medical/chemical engineering, or a biomedical related subject. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country):Swansea University, UK | UK
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Medicine: Rheological Measurements of Blood Clots: A Novel Marker for Predicting Embolic Risk at Swansea University in UK
Deadline: 22nd August 2014
Funded By: Swansea University, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Full-Funded PhD Studentship in Medicine is targeted for UK/EU and international students
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for three years (subject to satisfactory progress)
‣ Scholarship covers: The studentship covers the full cost of UK/EU tuition fees, plus a tax-free stipend of £14,000 p.a. for three years (subject to satisfactory progress). International students are welcome to apply for this studentship, but will be required to pay the remaining balance between UK/EU tuition fees and international tuition fees.
‣ Swansea University’s College of Medicine invites applications from highly motivated and ambitious candidates for a Full-Funded PhD Studentship .
‣ The project involves an investigation into the rheological properties of blood clots, in order to develop a new biomarker for predicting risk of embolic events in patients with Deep Vein Thrombosis.
‣ The student will be based at the Centre for Nanohealth, but will also carry out research at the Haemostasis Biomedical Research Unit on site of Morriston Hospital.
‣ Academic requirements: Candidates should have a first or upper second class honours degree in medical/chemical engineering, or a biomedical related subject.
‣ Residency criteria: The studentship is open to UK/EU and international students, but only UK/EU tuition fees will be paid. International students will be required to pay the remaining balance between UK/EU and international fees.
‣ To apply for this studentship, please email a CV and covering letter to Dr Karl Hawkins: k.m.hawkins-at-swansea.ac.uk.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 22nd August 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.