Fulbright Postgraduate Awards are offered for or US Citizens in UK. US-UK Fulbright Commission is funding three postgraduate student awards for US citizens in the 2014/15 cycle. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): UK Universities | UK
Level: Postgraduate Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by the UK Universities in UK.
Deadline: 17 October 2013.
Funded By: The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted US citizens are applicable for who are resident anywhere except the United Kingdom.
‣ Award No:Approximately 3 awards will be offered in the 2014/15 cycle to
US citizens for the first year of Master’s or PhD study in any subject.
‣ Scholarship Duration:Fulbright Awards offer generous financial support for one year of study in the UK.
‣ Scholarship covers:Award funding is intended as a contribution to the first academic year of tuition fees and general maintenance costs whilst in the UK. Grants are paid in installments directly to the grantee. All-Disciplines Postgraduate Award grant amounts for the 2014/15 cycle are: £12,000 for grantees studying outside of the Greater London area £13,500 for grantees studying within the Greater London area (Grant amounts may be amended if funding is duplicated by other sources.) Sickness and accident benefits (though typically not needed with access to the NHS), visa guidance and/or sponsorship, and assistance opening a UK bank account are also included.
‣ In the All-Disciplines Postgraduate Award category, approximately 3 Fulbright Postgraduate Awards will be offered in the 2014/15 cycle to US citizens for the first year of Master’s or PhD study in any subject, at any accredited UK university, or to conduct a period of independent research with a UK institution.
‣ (Please note: in the UK, Master’s degree programmes are typically one year long, and PhD study is typically three years long.)
‣ All-Disciplines Postgraduate Awards are open to any academic subject or discipline.
In addition, all candidates must meet the minimum eligibility for this Fulbright Postgraduate Awards category:
‣ The Fulbright Awards programme is looking not only for academic excellence, but also:
Scholarship Application Method
‣ The mode of applying is online.
‣ December 2013 through January 2014: Applications evaluated and candidates shortlisted Mid-January – mid-February 2014: Telephone interviews April 2014 through June 2014: Fulbright paperwork and preparation Mid-September 2014: Independent arrival, Orientation in London, and Your Fulbright Year begins
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 17 October 2013.
‣ Applicants should be notified by March 2014.
You may also like