Fulbright Outreach Fellowships are funded by United States-Israel Educational Foundation , and welcomes applications from outstanding students of Israeli citizens of Arab or of Ethiopian origin. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): American universities | USA
Level: Masters(MSc) and Doctoral(PhD) Degree
Field(s): Open to students in all fields of study, except those in which hands-on contact with patients is required.
‣ Note: Students in medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and other programs which involve treatment of patients are not eligible for Fulbright grants.
Deadline: 31 March 2013.
Funded by: United States-Israel Educational Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for Israeli citizens of Arab or of Ethiopian origin having a bachelors degree.
‣ No. of Awards: Approximately 10 Scholarships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: It is applicable for 2 years.
‣ Scholarship covers:Program grants cover tuition, fees and living expenses for a maximum of two years of study in the United States.
‣ United States-Israel Educational Foundation offers Master’s and doctoral Fellowships at American universities in USA.
‣ Approximately 10 Fulbright Outreach Program Fellowships will be awarded to outstanding students planning to begin Master’s or doctoral degree studies at American universities in the fall semester of the 2014/2015 academic year.
‣ This program is open to Arab students and to Ethiopian students.
To be considered for Fulbright Outreach Fellowships , candidates need to meet the following criteria:
‣ Israeli citizens of Arab origin or of Ethiopian origin .
‣ Dual American-Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
‣ Candidates must be resident in Israel at the time of application and must continue to be resident in Israel until the beginning of their studies in the United States as Fulbright-Fellows. ‣ Students who have already begun their program of studies in the United States or who are planning to begin study in the US before the Fall 2014 semester are not eligible to apply.
‣ Those who have already been awarded Bachelor’s degrees and students who will complete their Bachelor’s degree studies during the 2012/2013 academic year are eligible to apply.
‣ Individuals who have already received a Master’s degree are not eligible to request an Outreach Fellowships in support of study towards the receipt of an additional Master’s degree.
‣ Students holding an Israeli LLM may be exempted from this rule, if it is their intention to acquire an American LLM in order to be able to undertake further studies in the US towards the receipt of a JSD degree.
‣ Individuals who have received a Bachelor’s degree from an American college or university are not eligible for an Outreach Fellowship.
‣ Candidates who have already been admitted to a program of post-graduate studies in the USA and are requesting funding for their studies at a specific university are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
‣ Candidates must be in good health. All applicants selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be activated.
‣ Prior conviction or current indictment for a felony may result in disqualification.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post and electronically.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by March 31, 2013.
‣ Results will be notified by June 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like