Fulbright Nexus Regional Scholar program , and applications are submitted till April 1, 2014. Fulbright NEXUS Program is available for junior scholars, professionals and mid-career applied researchers to engage in collaborative thinking, analysis, problem-solving and multi-disciplinary research. Twenty outstanding scholars and practitioners from the US, Brazil and other Western Hemisphere nations will be selected. Fulbright NEXUS Scholars will receive funding in the amount of USD $35,000 for the duration of the program. Accommodations and meals for program seminar meetings will be covered separately. Program activities will commence in June 2014 and conclude in May 2016. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Research projects are implemented in the United States, Brazil, or elsewhere in the region. Initial orientation meeting: Brasilia, mid-term meeting: hosted by another country in the Western Hemisphere and final meeting: Washington, DC.
Level: Fulbright NEXUS Program is available for junior scholars, professionals and mid-career applied researchers to engage in collaborative thinking, analysis, problem-solving and multi-disciplinary research.
Field(s): The Fulbright Nexus Regional Scholar program will provide a platform for scholars from across the region to engage in collaborative thinking, analysis, problem-solving and multi-disciplinary research in one of five areas: Renewable Energy, including Micro-Grid Innovations; Social and Behavioral Adaptation to Climate Change; Measuring Climate Change and its Impact (Metrics and Standards); Climate Change and Biodiversity; and Climate Change and Food and Water Security.
Deadline: April 1, 2014.
Funded By: US Department of State, Bureau of Educational and Cultural
Affairs (ECA), and the Brazilian Ministry of Education, Agency for Support and Evaluation of Graduate Studies (CAPES).
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fulbright Nexus Regional Scholar program is targeted for Citizens of Latin America, Canada, the Caribbean or the United States.
‣ Award No: Five of the scholars will be selected from the United States, five from Brazil, and the remaining ten will come from other Western Hemisphere countries.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Program activities will commence in June 2014 and conclude in May 2016.
‣ Scholarship covers: Fulbright NEXUS Scholars will receive funding in the amount of USD$35,000 for the duration of the program. This allowance is intended to support travel to all program meetings, travel and maintenance for the exchange visit, research materials and assistance for grantees only. Accommodations and meals for program seminar meetings will be covered separately. Grants will also include limited accident and sickness benefits.
‣ The Fulbright Regional Network for Applied Research (NEXUS) Program will bring together a network of junior scholars, professionals and mid-career applied researchers from the United States, Brazil and other Western Hemisphere nations for a series of three seminar meetings and a Fulbright exchange experience.
‣ Applicants must be conducting current research relevant to the program’s themes and objectives, be open to exploring and incorporating comparative, interdisciplinary approaches in their investigations and interested in developing collaborative activities with other Fulbright NEXUS Scholars.
‣ Applicants must be from Latin America, Canada, the Caribbean or the United States.
‣ Non-US applicants must be citizens or permanent residents of and residing in the country from which they are applying at the time of application.
‣ Non-US applicants holding permanent residency “green cards”, whether or not they reside in the US, are not eligible.
‣ Since specific residency requirements vary from country to country, applicants should contact their local Fulbright office directly to determine their eligibility.
‣ U.S. applicants must have US citizenship and be residing permanently in the United States
‣ U.S. applicants who are currently on the Fulbright Specialist Roster may not accept any Specialist assignments during the Fulbright NEXUS Scholar Program year.
‣ Fulbright Nexus Regional Scholar program Participants should be early or mid-career academics, applied researchers and/or professionals with research experience in the public, non-profit, or private sector.
‣ A PhD or equivalent professional/terminal degree is preferred, but is not required. Candidates with a master’s degree are required to have a minimum of five years of research experience.
‣ applicants should have particular expertise and research experience in one of the five identified research areas.
‣ Non-US Scholars must demonstrate proficiency in English; US Scholars must demonstrate proficiency in either Portuguese or Spanish.
‣ Applicants will be notified by May 2014.
‣ Non-US applications must be submitted through a participating Fulbright Commission or Public Affairs Section of the U.S. Embassy in the home country. US applications must be submitted through the Council for International Exchange of Scholars
‣ Scholarship Applications are submitted till April 1, 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.