Fulbright Masters Program fellowships which is approximately five will be awarded to outstanding students planning to begin Master’s degree studies at American universities in the fall semester of the 2014/2015 academic year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): American universities | USA
Level: Masters(MSc) Degree
Field(s): All fields of study, except business administration and fields in which hands-on contact with patients is required, such as medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine and nursing.
Deadline: March 29, 2013
Funded by: United States-Israel Educational Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Group): Scholarship is Open for students of Israel can apply for this scholarship.
Benefit( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fulbright Masters Fellowships are applicable for two years.
‣ Scholarship covers: tuition and fees for a maximum of two years -monthly maintenance allowance, fixed according to IIE estimates, for a maximum of two years for the grantee only -book, professional enhancement and equipment allowances -limited health benefits for the grantee only for the duration of the grant -roundtrip airfare from Tel Aviv to the US academic institution for the grantee only -pre-departure orientation meeting.
‣ Approximately five Fulbright Master's Program fellowships will be awarded to outstanding students planning to begin Master’s degree studies at American universities in the fall semester of the 2014/2015 academic year.
‣ Candidates must be Israeli citizens. Dual American-Israeli citizens or permanent residents of the United States are not eligible to apply.
‣ Candidates must be resident in Israel at the time of application and must continue to be resident in Israel until the beginning of their studies in the United States as Fulbright Fellows.
‣ Students who have already begun their program of studies in the United States or who are planning to begin study in the US before the Fall 2014 semester are not eligible to apply.
‣ Those who have already been awarded Bachelor’s degrees and students who will complete their Bachelor’s degree studies during the 2012/2013 academic year are eligible to apply
‣ Students in medicine, dental medicine, veterinary medicine, nursing and other programs which involve treatment of patients are not eligible for Fulbright grants.
‣ All Fulbright Masters Fellowships candidates, including those who have studied in English-speaking countries, must submit a recent TOEFL score of at least 90-91 (Internet-based test).
‣ No application will be considered without a valid official TOEFL score. -When registering for the TOEFL, be sure to note that your score should be sent to USIEF, code 5373, and to IIE, code 2326.
‣ Visit the ETS website for further information. -All candidates, except those in law, must submit a recent GRE score of at least 151 for the quantitative reasoning component and 150 for the verbal reasoning component.
‣ No application will be considered without a valid official GRE score. When registering for the GRE, be sure to note that your score should be sent to USIEF, code 5373, and to IIE, code 2326.
‣ Visit the GRE website for further information. -Candidates must have achieved a grade point average (GPA) of at least 87.0 (3.5 in the US grading system) in their studies for the Bachelor’s degree.
‣ Individuals who have already received a Master’s degree are not eligible to request a Fulbright Master’s Fellowship in support of study towards the receipt of an additional Master’s degree.
‣ Candidates who have already been admitted to a Master’s Program in the USA and are requesting funding for their studies at a specific university are not eligible to apply for this fellowship.
‣ Candidates must be in good health. All applicants selected for a Fulbright grant are required to submit a Medical History and Examination Report before their grants can be activated.
‣ Prior conviction or current indictment for a felony may result in disqualification.
Eligibility Criteria for Fulbright Masters Fellowships
‣ Academic excellence is an important criterion for the evaluation of candidates. ‣ Possession of skills required to promote mutual understanding between the United States and Israel is an important evaluation criterion.
‣ Leadership qualities are an important evaluation criterion. ‣ English language proficiency is an important evaluation criterion. ‣ Preference will be given to applicants who have not had a substantial, recent, academic experience in the United States, or another English speaking country.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post to the address : United States-Israel Educational Foundation, POB 26160, Tel Aviv 61261; or 10th Floor, Migdalor Building, 1 Ben Yehuda Street, Tel Aviv. Faxed or emailed copies of applications are not acceptable.
‣ It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that letters of reference are submitted by the application deadline date.
‣ Fulbright Masters Fellowship Applications are due by March 29, 2013.
‣ Candidates will be notified by June 2013.
‣ All required documents must be submitted in English.
‣ All required documents must be computer generated.
‣ The application materials to be submitted to the United States-Israel Educational Foundation (USIEF) by the fellowship candidate him/herself are as follows:
‣ Candidates must mail or deliver three copies of their application to the Foundation’s office. One set of documents should include the original grade transcripts; the other two may include photocopies.
‣ The application materials should be stapled on the left side. Please do not bind the applications in folders.
‣ Three letters of reference, written in English on institutional letterhead paper, together with reference forms, must be sent directly to USIEF by those providing references by the final date for submission of the application.
‣ Faxed (03-516-2016) or emailed (firstname.lastname@example.org) copies of letters are acceptable. See application for further details. Do not arrange for submission of more than three references.
‣ Each page of the application carries its own instructions that should be read carefully before proceeding.
‣ Each question must be answered completely and carefully. Please make every effort to limit your responses to the space provided.
‣ Incomplete applications will not be considered.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like