Fulbright-London School of Economics Award in UK, 2015-2016. Applications are invited for Fulbright award available for US students in the 2015/2016 academic year. Awards are available to pursue one-year Master’s degree programme (or the first year of a Master’s degree programme) in any discipline at the London School of Economics (LSE). Awards are not available for peripatetic visits or attendance at conferences only, nor for projects based outside of the United Kingdom. Award funding is intended as a contribution toward the first academic year of tuition fees and general maintenance costs whilst in the UK. Grants are paid in instalments directly to the grantee. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | UK
Level: Master’s Degree
Deadline: 15th October 2014.
Funded By: The US-UK Fulbright Commission
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Students of USA.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Award funding is intended as a contribution toward the
first academic year of tuition fees and general maintenance costs whilst in the UK. Grants are paid in installments directly to the grantee.
‣ Scholarship covers: In this Award category, the grantee will receive a full tuition fee waiver from the LSE. In addition, the grantee will receive £13,500 which is intended as a contribution towards general maintenance costs (accommodation, travel, subsistence, etc) while in the UK.
‣ In the 2015/16 cycle, one Fulbright-London School of Economics Award will be offered to pursue a one-year Master’s degree programme (or the first year of a Master’s degree programme) in any discipline at the London School of Economics (LSE).
‣ Those residents in the UK may not apply in this Award category.
‣ Awards are not available for peripatetic visits or attendance at conferences only, or for projects based outside of the United Kingdom.
‣ Non-US citizens must apply for Fulbright scholarships through the office in their country of citizenship.
‣ If in the UK, an Advisory Service is located in the Fulbright Commission office which allows individuals to research opportunities for studying in the US. (NB: This office does not provide advice on completing Fulbright Award applications.)
The Fulbright Awards Programme is looking not only for academic excellence, but also:
‣ demonstrable ambassadorial skills with evidence of cultural sensitivity and a genuine desire to learn more about the United Kingdom and share with British citizens aspects of American culture,
‣ experience and interest in a range of extracurricular and community activities,
‣ leadership potential, and
‣ a desire to further the Fulbright Programme and give back to your home country upon returning.
‣ Successful applicants will be notified by March 2015.
‣ The Fulbright application is similar to, but separate from an application to a university or academic institution.
‣ Candidates choose and apply to the university(ies) and/or academic programme(s) in the UK they wish to attend directly and independently.
‣ The Institute of International Education (IIE) facilitates the Fulbright application process, including the online application.
‣ You will be able to log in and out of your online Fulbright application account and will not be required to complete the Fulbright application in one sitting.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th October 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.