Fujitsu Scholarship Program for Asia-Pacific Region Applicants in USA , and applications are submitted from February 1, 2016, through April 14, 2016, noon Japan Time. Applications are invited for Fujitsu scholarship program for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the global leaders for innovation and knowledge program. Applicants of USA and Asia pacific region are eligible for this scholarship. The program has three and a half months curriculum. Scholarship benefits include tuition and fee of the program, stipend toward living expenses, airfare, accommodation and visa arrangements. Applicant must have a minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred). Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Scholarship is available for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training at JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science in Hawaii, USA.
Field(s): Scholarship is awarded for education and cross-cultural management training in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation.
Deadline: from February 1, 2016, through April 14, 2016, noon Japan Time
Funded By: Fujitsu Limited, Japan
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fujitsu Scholarship Program is targeted for applicants who must be a resident of the state of Hawaii, USA, or a citizen of one of the following countries: Australia, Cambodia, China, Hong Kong, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, New Zealand, the Philippines, Singapore, South Korea, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Thailand, or Vietnam. Applicants who are residents of the State of Hawaii will be requested to prove Hawaii residency.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: The program has three and a half months curriculum.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Fujitsu Scholarship benefits include tuition and fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program.
-Tuition and Fees for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge
-Stipend Toward Living Expenses
-Airfare: Fujitsu Ltd. will provide a round-trip air ticket to Japan where the program starts and ends, as well as ticket to participate Hawaii, Thailand, and Singapore Modules of the program. The selection of the air carrier and travel agent, including itinerary, is at the discretion of Fujitsu Ltd.
-Housing Arrangements: JAIMS will assist in locating appropriate housing in Honolulu for participants. Fujitsu Ltd. will provide and pay for participant accommodations in Japan, Thailand, and Singapore.
-Visa Arrangements: When applicable, participant will be assisted in obtaining the M-1 Student visa to enter the U.S. and Japan entry visa for a short stay. The expense of obtaining the visas is the financial responsibility of the participant.
‣ Fujitsu Limited established the Fujitsu Scholarship Program in 1985 to commemorate the 50th anniversary of its founding.
‣ The aim was to provide the opportunity for people from the Asia-Pacific region to contribute to the region through studying different values, cultures, and global business.
‣ This has been a Fujitsu’s key initiative for deepening the relationships between the countries and citizens of the Asia-Pacific region.
‣ This 2015 Fujitsu Scholarship Program has since enabled 458 professionals from 18 countries to study cross-cultural management at JAIMS, the Japan-America Institute of Management Science, in Hawaii, U.S.A.
‣ The Fujitsu Scholarship now provides full financial assistance for postgraduate education and cross-cultural management training in the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program by Fujitsu-JAIMS Foundation.
‣ The program has three and a half months curriculum. The participants will sharpen their global management knowledge and skills and build the confidence necessary for success in global business situations.
1. Education: A bachelor’s degree or a degree equivalent to a four-year standard baccalaureate degree in any discipline from a regionally or nationally accredited institution
2. Experience: A minimum of three years of relevant full-time work experience (five years preferred) at the time of application
3. Language: A minimum TOEFL score of 577/233/90 (paper/computer/Internet), TOEIC score of 750, or IELTS(Academic) overall band test result of 6.5 or higher from tests taken between January 2010 and December 2015. The following applicants are exempt from submitting an English proficiency test score: Applicants whose native language is English and who are from the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada or Singapore and applicants who hold a bachelor’s or advanced degree within the last five years from an accredited or recognized college or university in the United States, Australia, United Kingdom, New Zealand, Canada or Singapore.
Selection Criteria for Fujitsu Scholarship Program
‣ Initial screening is based on the strength of the application, which includes meeting the admission qualifications.
‣ Selection is based on English proficiency (for non-native speakers of English), work experience, motivation, goals as expressed in the essay and interview, academic performance, and test scores.
‣ A key factor is the individual’s commitment to contributing to the mutual understanding and cooperation between countries and to the development of his/her home countries..
Notification for Fujitsu Scholarship Program
‣ Applicants who pass the initial screening will be contacted for an interview at a designated date. The interview date in each country will be announced on this website in March.
‣ Applicants should be residing in their respective countries of citizenship (or in Hawaii for Hawaii residents) at the time of their interview.
‣ To apply for the Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge program with Fujitsu Scholarship, you must complete the following three steps:
‣ The necessary documents are as follows:
‣ Global Leaders for Innovation and Knowledge Application Form (Obtain a cover sheet and attach it to the front of your application document). Download cover sheet
‣ Photocopy of TOEFL,TOEIC, or IELTS (Academic) score report. Valid test dates are between September 2010 and August 2015.
‣ Original Official Academic Transcript or Graduate Certificate. It must be sent directly from the academic institution attended to the Fujitsu Hawaii Representative Office.
Step 3: Send Application Documents via post
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: from February 1, 2016, through April 14, 2016, noon Japan Time
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.