FSMP, the Foundation Mathematical Sciences of Paris is inviting applications for postdoctoral programs in mathematics and computer science at the research laboratories affiliated to the Foundation in France. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | France
Level: Postdoctoral Program
Field(s): Mathematics and Computer Science. Moreover, an application of one year is dedicated to the project Instabilities in hydrodynamics. Applications to the postdoctoral program hydrodynamical instabilities are specific to the “Emergence(s)” project.
Deadline: December 1, 2013.
Funded By: Foundation Mathematical Sciences of Paris(FSMP)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for International Students: Students of France or a foreign country are eligible to apply for these positions.
‣ Award No: Not Specified.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These positions are for one or two year and are to be filled as from 1st October 2014.
‣ Scholarship covers: Each post-doctoral fellow will receive a net salary of € 2,500.00 per month and thus benefit from health insurance and social coverage. (S)he will participate in the scientific activities of his/her laboratory, in particular in seminars and working groups. At the end of his/her tenure, each of the selected candidates will write a report on his/her scientific accomplishment, comparing it to his/her initial project, and describing his/her subsequent objectives. For the two-year positions, the concerned candidate will also write a report at the end of the first year and explain the reasons for the renewal of his/her contract.
‣ The Foundation Sciences Mathématiques de Paris(FSMP) offers 18 years of post-doctoral positions in mathematics and in computer science.
‣ These positions are for one or two year and are to be filled as from 1st October 2014, in the research laboratories affiliated to the Foundation.
‣ Moreover, an application of one year is dedicated to the project Instabilities in hydrodynamics.
‣ Applications to the post-doctoral program hydrodynamical instabilities are specific to the “Emergence(s)” project. It is possible to apply to the two post-doctoral programs of the FSMP, but two applications have then to be submitted.
Foundation Mathematical Sciences of Paris(FSMP) program
‣ Positions are open to holders of a doctorate in mathematics or computer science, obtained in France or in a foreign country before October 1st, 2014 and defended after October, 1st 2009 (October 1st 2008 in case of maternity leave).
‣ Those who defended their doctorate in one of the affiliated laboratories cannot apply. Offers are not theme-based, and all mathematical disciplines are welcome.
‣ The selection will be based on excellence in scientific accomplishment and the quality of the scientific project.
‣ Applicants will be notified as soon as possible.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ If you are interested in applying for one of these positions, please register on-line, fill in the form and upload each of the documents listed below as a PDF file.
1- a curriculum vitae;
2- the list of publications;
3- the proposed scientific project (around two pages). The candidates also have to request each of the following documents to the relevant people who will upload it via this Web site (A direct link will be sent via email to the relevant people):
4- two detailed letters of recommendation by scientists not belonging to the laboratories of the Foundation, describing the candidate’s mathematical work;
5- a detailed letter of support from your scientist/tutor at the host institution; this letter will have to justify how the applicant’s scientific project fits in the host’s project) ;
6- a letter from the thesis adviser.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 01 December 2013.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2014, 2015, Computer Science, France, International, mathematics, Postdoctoral, research
Note: Please, help by pressing the face book like button to viral the post viewed by others !!!
Your first paragraph ...