French School of the Far East is offering Scholarships for Research students in Asia. Scholarships are provided in the field of Humanities or Social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia. Full details:
School(Institutions/Country): | Asia (EFEO or ECAF Centre in Asia : Bangkok, Beijing, Chiang Mai, Hanoi, Hong Kong, Ho Chi Minh City, Jakarta, Kathmandu AAI, Kathmandu SAI, Kuala Lumpur, Kyoto EFEO, Kyoto ISEAS, New Delhi, Phnom Penh, Pondicherry, Pune, Saidu Sharif, Seoul, Siem Reap, Taipei, Tokyo, Vientiane, Yangon)
Level: Research Programme.
Field(s): Humanities or Social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia.
Funded by: The French School of the Far East (EFEO)
Deadline: 30th September 2013 for scholarships tenable between 1st July and 31st December 2014.
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is Open for students of France.
‣ Award No: Up to two scholarships are offered or a total duration not exceeding 9 months
‣ Scholarship Covers: Total offer is of:-Funding type: forfeit allowance. -Amount: a monthly stipend varying between 700 and 1 360 € according to the academic level of the applicant (MA or PhD student) and the country of field research in Asia.
‣ The French-School of the Far East awards scholarships to research students tenable for periods of research in an EFEO or ECAF Centre in Asia.
‣ NB EFEO field research scholarships may not be held concurrently with other scholarships, excepting travel subsidies, nor with salaried employment.
‣ Discipline: research in humanities or social sciences applied to the history and civilizations of Asia.
‣ Qualifications: applicants must hold a BA, MA degree or a recognized equivalent qualification.
‣ Languages: good command of the language(s) required to successfully complete the field research project, as well as a working knowledge of French.
‣ Area: French School of the Far East scholarships are tenable in EFEO or ECAF Centres in Asia. The research proposal must be compatible with the work of the Centre selected.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by email. Submit a report of 10-15 pages with an abstract not exceeding 150 words on the results of their field research.
‣ The report must be submitted in electronic format within one month after completion of the scholarship.
‣ Scholarship Applications due date: 30th September 2013 for scholarships tenable between 1st July and 31st December 2014.
‣ It is important to read the application guideline, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like