Frederick Douglass Institute Fellowship for applicants from USA.The Frederick Douglass Institute for African and African-American Studies at the University of Rochester. Applications are open until 31 December 2013. Let's dive in to the full details:
Level: Postdoctoral Level
Field(s): The fellowship is awarded in African and African-American Studies at University of Rochester in the USA.
Deadline: 31 December 2013.
Funded By: The Frederick Douglass Institute for African and African-American Studies
‣ Award No: FDI sponsors two residential fellowships annually to help support that mission.
‣ Scholarship covers: It carries an annual stipend of $40,000 and a $3,000 fund for research-related activities. The award carries an annual stipend of $26,000, and the Institute offers research funds to support the fellow’s research.
‣ The Frederick Douglass Institute for African and African-American Studies at the University of Rochester brings together scholars working in the humanities and social sciences in the area of Africa and the African diasporas.
‣ Its mission is to further undergraduate and graduate education, faculty research, and intellectual exchange within the University community.
‣ FDI sponsors two residential fellowships annually to help support that mission.
‣ The Postdoctoral Frederick Douglass Institute Fellowship is awarded to scholars who hold a PhD degree in a field that contributes to African and African-American Studies.
‣ The Predoctoral Fellowship is awarded to a graduate student at any university whose degree contributes to the scholarship in the field of African and African-American Studies.
‣ A principal aim of this fellowship is to provide a different intellectual environment that will enrich and expedite the completion of the Fellow’s dissertation.
‣ The Fellow will also gain valuable experience through work with the Institute’s director in organizing colloquia, lectures, and other events. There will be no teaching obligation.
‣ The Fellowship awards will be announced in early March, 2014.
‣ Applicants are required to apply online.
‣ Schloarship Applications to the two programs are accepted from September 1, 2013 to December 31, 2013.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...