Foundations Post Doc Pool is inviting applications for postdoctoral grants. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Field(s): The grants are awarded to postdoctoral scholars for Finnish research abroad.
Deadline: 13th September 2013.
Funded By: F Post Doc Pool was set up by the Emil Aaltonen F, Helsingin Sanomat F, Kone F, Alfred Kordelin F, Finnish Cultural F, Swedish Cultural F in Finland, Finnish F for Technology Promotion and Jenny and Antti Wihuri F .
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for Finnish and non-Finnish nationals.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are awarded for one year. Grants may also be awarded for periods longer than one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Pool’s grant is may cover all expenses for conducting research abroad, including travel and moving costs and schooling expenses and insurance. The total sum of the grant awarded is based on the applicant’s own cost estimate. Grants will not be awarded for costs already incurred or to compensate for income loss.
No salary will be paid, but a working grant may be allocated.
‣ Säätiöiden post doc -pooli (“the Foundations ’ Post Doc Pool”) is a grant resource set up by Finnish F and intended for post-doctoral research abroad.
‣ The Pool’s aim is to make Finnish research more international by offering young scholars flexible funding from one source that covers all expenses of a research period abroad for at least one academic year.
‣ The grants awarded from Säätiöiden post doc -pooli( Foundations Post Doc Pool ) are intended for at least one academic year for scholars, who have recently completed their doctoral degree and wish to conduct research abroad. Grants may also be awarded for periods longer than one year. They are also available for non-Finnish nationals.
‣ The applicants’ doctoral degree was preferably completed no more than four years previously.
‣ Doctoral candidates, who have not yet publicly defended their doctoral thesis but have received permission to do so, may also apply for a grant. In such cases pre-examiners’ statements on the thesis must be enclosed with the application.
‣ The grant will not be paid out until after the doctoral degree is completed.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Grants are applied for by filling in the electronic application form and uploading required attachments to it.
‣ To get to the electronic application form, please go to the Post doc pooli homepage and click ”Create an application” and log in with your own username.
‣ The completed application form is then printed, signed and sent without attachments by post.
‣ The required attachments to the application include: an abstract of the research project, project and research plan, cost estimate, curriculum vitae and list of publications, doctoral thesis pre-examiner’s statement (in case of doctoral candidates) or official opponent’s statement (for others), references (1-3), invitation from the receiving university or institution.
‣ The only accepted file format for attachments is pdf.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by 13th September 2013.
‣ Successful applicants will be informed of receiving a grant immediately after the funding decisions are made.
‣ The names of the grant recipients will be published on the Pool’s website and according to the standard practices of the F which has awarded the grant. The Results will be published in November 2013.
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013, 2014, Featured, Finland, GRANTS, International, Postdoctoral, research