Foundations Post Doc Pool Grants for Finnish and International Scholars, and applications are submitted till 15th September 2014. The Foundations’ Post Doc Pool is inviting applications for postdoctoral grants available for Finnish and non-Finnish nationals. The funding will provide to postdoctoral scholars who go abroad to do research after their doctoral dissertation for one year. The Pool’s grant is may cover all expenses for conducting research abroad, including travel and moving costs and schooling expenses and insurance. Grants are awarded for one year. Grants may also be awarded for periods longer than one year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Abroad
Level: postdoctoral scholars who go abroad to do research after their doctoral dissertation
Field(s): Grants are awarded to postdoctoral scholars for Finnish research abroad
Deadline: 15th September 2014
Funded By: The Foundations’ Post Doc Pool was set up by the Emil Aaltonen Foundation, Helsingin Sanomat Foundation, Kone Foundation, Alfred Kordelin Foundation, Finnish Cultural Foundation, Swedish Cultural Foundation in Finland, Finnish Foundation for Technology Promotion and Jenny and Antti Wihuri Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Foundations Post Doc Pool Grants are targeted for Finnish and non-Finnish nationals
‣ Award No: Some 30-60 grants will be awarded from the Pool each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Grants are awarded for one year. Grants may also be awarded for periods longer than one year.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Pool’s grant is may cover all expenses for conducting research abroad, including travel and moving costs and schooling expenses and insurance. The total sum of the grant awarded is based on the applicant’s own cost estimate. Grants will not be awarded for costs already incurred or to compensate for income loss. No salary will be paid, but a working grant may be allocated.
‣ Säätiöiden post doc -pooli (“the Foundations’ Post Doc Pool”) is a grant resource set up by Finnish foundations and intended for post-doctoral research abroad.
‣ The Foundations Post Doc Pool Grants aim is to make Finnish research more international by offering young scholars flexible funding from one source that covers all expenses of a research period abroad for at least one academic year.
‣ Grants may also be awarded for periods longer than one year.
‣ They are also available for non-Finnish nationals.
‣ The applicants’ doctoral degree was preferably completed no more than four years previously. -Doctoral candidates, who have not yet publicly defended their doctoral thesis but have received permission to do so, may also apply for a grant.
‣ In such cases pre-examiners’ statements on the thesis must be enclosed with the application.
‣ The grant will not be paid out until after the doctoral degree is completed.
‣ Successful applicants will be informed of receiving a grant immediately after the funding decisions are made.
‣ The names of the grant recipients will be published on the Pool’s website and according to the standard practices of the foundation which has awarded the grant.
‣ Grants are applied for by filling in the electronic application form and uploading required attachments to it.
‣ To get to the electronic application form, please go to the Post doc pooli homepage and click ”Create an application” and log in with your own username.
‣ The completed application form is then printed, signed and sent without attachments by post.
‣ The required attachments to the application include: an abstract of the research project, project and research plan, cost estimate, curriculum vitae and list of publications, doctoral thesis pre-examiner’s statement (in case of doctoral candidates) or official opponent’s statement (for others), references (1-3), invitation from the receiving university or institution. The only accepted file format for attachments is pdf.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 15th September 2014.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship