Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships in USA , and applications are submitted till November 10, 2016. Applications are invited for Ford Foundation postdoctoral fellowships available for individuals engaged in postdoctoral study after the attainment of the PhD or Sc.D. degree. This year the program will award approximately 18 postdoctoral fellowships. The tenure of a postdoctoral fellowship will be no less than 9 months and no more than 12 months, with tenure beginning no earlier than June 1, 2015 and no later than September 1, 2015. These fellowships are awarded for full-time research at appropriate nonprofit institutions of higher education or research, normally in the United States. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Fellowships are awarded for full-time research at appropriate nonprofit institutions of higher education or research, normally in the United States.
Field(s): Awards will be made for study in the following major disciplines and related interdisciplinary fields: American studies, anthropology, archaeology, art and theater history, astronomy, chemistry, communications, computer science, earth sciences, economics, education, engineering, ethnomusicology, geography, history, international relations, language, life sciences, linguistics, literature, mathematics, performance study, philosophy, physics, political science, psychology, religion, sociology, urban planning, and women’s studies. Also eligible are interdisciplinary ethnic studies programs, such as African American studies and Native American studies, and other interdisciplinary programs, such as area studies, peace studies, and social justice. Research-based fields of education are eligible if the major field of study is listed above and is used to describe the Ph.D. or Sc.D. program of the applicant (e.g., sociology of education, anthropology and education.
Deadline: November 10, 2016.
Funded By: Ford Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships are targeted for Citizens of USA can apply for these Ford Foundation Postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Award No: This year the program will award approximately 18 postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ Scholarship Duration: The tenure of a postdoctoral fellowship will be no less than 9 months and no more than 12 months, with tenure beginning no earlier than June 1, 2017 and no later than September 1, 2017. Postdoctoral fellowships may not be deferred or delayed.
‣ Scholarship covers: -One-year Stipend: $45,000 -The stipend may be supplemented by sabbatical leave pay or other sources of support that do not carry with them teaching or other responsibilities. Fellowship funds may be disbursed through the employing institution if necessary for the continuation of health insurance or other benefits. No dependency allowance is available. -Expenses paid to attend one Conference of Ford Fellows -Access to Ford Fellow Liaisons, a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current fellows
‣ This year the program will award approximately 18 postdoctoral fellowships.
‣ The Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships provide one year of support for individuals engaged in postdoctoral study after the attainment of the Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree.
‣ Postdoctoral fellowships will be awarded in a national competition administered by the National Research Council (NRC) on behalf of the Ford Foundation.
‣ The awards will be made to individuals who, in the judgment of the review panels, have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level, show promise of future achievement as scholars and teachers, and are well prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
‣ All citizens, nationals, and permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) of the United States, and individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation.
‣ Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations),
‣ Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level, and
‣ Individuals awarded a Ph.D. or Sc.D. degree no earlier than November 30, 2007 and no later than November 15, 2014 in an eligible research-based field from a U.S. educational institution.
Selection Criteria for Ford Foundation Postdoctoral Fellowships
The following will be considered as positive factors in choosing successful candidates:
‣ Evidence of superior academic achievement
‣ Degree of promise of continuing achievement as scholars and teachers
‣ Capacity to respond in pedagogically productive ways to the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds
‣ Sustained personal engagement with communities that are underrepresented in the academy and an ability to bring this asset to learning, teaching, and scholarship at the college and university level
‣ Likelihood of using the diversity of human experience as an educational resource in teaching and scholarship
‣ Membership in one or more of the following groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding: Alaska Natives (Aleut, Eskimo or other Indigenous People of Alaska), Black/African Americans, Mexican American/Chicanas/Chicanos, Native American Indians, Native Pacific Islanders (Polynesian/Micronesian) and Puerto Ricans
‣ Applications will be evaluated by panels of distinguished scholars selected by the National Academies.
‣ The panels will use academic records, essays, letters of recommendation, the application itself, and other appropriate materials as the basis for determining the extent to which candidates meet the eligibility requirements and the selection criteria.
‣ The quality of the plan of study or research, the bibliography, the appropriateness of the proposed fellowship activities, the choice of host institution, and the potential for career enhancement will also be carefully reviewed.
‣ Review panels may also look at additional factors such as the likelihood that the applicant will fully utilize 9 to 12 months of postdoctoral support.
Notification: Not Known
‣ Applicants are required to apply via online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 10, 2016.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.