Ford Foundation Fellowship is offered for international and US students in the USA. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | USA
Level: Predoctoral Level.
Field(s): Ford Foundation Fellowship will be made for study in research-based PhD or Sc.D. programs that include the following major disciplines and related interdisciplinary fields: American studies, anthropology, archaeology, art and theater history, astronomy, chemistry, communications, computer science, cultural studies, earth sciences, economics, engineering, ethnic studies, ethnomusicology, geography, history, international relations, language, life sciences, linguistics, literature, mathematics, performance study, philosophy, physics, political science, psychology, religious studies, sociology, urban planning, and women’s studies. Also eligible for Ford Foundation Fellowship is interdisciplinary ethnic studies programs, such as African American studies and Native American studies, and other interdisciplinary programs, such as area studies, peace studies, and social justice. Research-based fields of education are eligible if the major field of study is listed above and is used to describe the PhD or Sc.D. program of the applicant (e.g., sociology of education, anthropology and education.
Deadline: 20 November 2013
Funded By: Ford Foundation
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Ford Foundation Fellowship is targeted for US students.
‣ Award No: 60 Fellowships are offered.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Fellowship recipients must begin the first year’s tenure on September 1, 2014, and must remain on tenure full-time for the academic year. After the first year of fellowship tenure, fellows may choose to defer funding for up to two years. All three years of support must be used within a five-year period.
‣ Scholarship covers: The Ford Foundation Fellowship will cover : -Annual stipend: $20,000 -Award to the institution in lieu of tuition and fees: $2,000 -Expenses paid to attend at least one Conference of Ford Fellows -Access to Ford Fellow Liaisons, a network of former Ford Fellows who have volunteered to provide mentoring and support to current fellows.
‣ In 2014, the Ford Foundation Fellowship program will award approximately 60 predoctoral fellowships. The predoctoral fellowships provide three years of support for individuals engaged in graduate study leading to a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) or Doctor of Science (Sc.D.) degree.
‣ Predoctoral fellowships will be awarded in a national competition administered by the National Research Council (NRC) on behalf of the Ford Foundation.
‣ The awards will be made to individuals who, in the judgment of the review panels, have demonstrated superior academic achievement, are committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level, show promise of future achievement as scholars and teachers, and are well prepared to use diversity as a resource for enriching the education of all students.
Eligibility to apply for a predoctoral Ford Foundation Fellowship is limited to:
‣ All citizens, nationals, and permanent residents (holders of a Permanent Resident Card) of the United States, and individuals granted deferred action status under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals Program, regardless of race, national origin, religion, gender, age, disability, or sexual orientation,
‣ Individuals with evidence of superior academic achievement (such as grade point average, class rank, honors or other designations),
‣ Individuals committed to a career in teaching and research at the college or university level,
‣ Individuals enrolled in or planning to enroll in an eligible research-based (dissertation-required), program leading to a PhD or Sc.D. degree at a non-proprietary U.S. educational institution,
‣ Individuals who require a minimum of three years study to complete their PhD /Sc.D. degree as of the 2014 fall semester, and
‣ Individuals who have not earned a doctoral degree at any time, in any field.
The following will be considered as positive factors in choosing successful Ford Foundation Fellowship candidates:
‣ Evidence of superior academic achievement;
‣ Degree of promise of continuing achievement as scholars and teachers;
‣ Capacity to respond in pedagogically productive ways to the learning needs of students from diverse backgrounds;
‣ Sustained personal engagement with communities that are underrepresented in the academy and an ability to bring this asset to learning, teaching, and scholarship at the college and university level;
‣ Likelihood of using the diversity of human experience as an educational resource in teaching and scholarship
‣ Membership in one or more of the following groups whose underrepresentation in the American professoriate has been severe and longstanding:
Scholarship Application Method
Ford Foundation Fellowship
‣ Apply apply online.
‣ Scholarship Applications are Due By 20 November 2013
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...