Fondazione Edmund Mach (FEM) is offering PhD Scholarships for international students.
School(Institutions/ Country): University partner of the project or with another University | Italy
Level : Doctoral( PhD) Degree
Field(s): Study fields enlisted in this program includes: Agriculture, Climate Change, Computational & Systems Biology, Environment, Food and Nutrition– First Stage Researcher (R1).
Deadline: May 24, 2013.
Funded By: Fondazione Edmund Mach (FEM)
Beneficiaries( Target Group): this Scholarship is targeted for international students.
‣Award No: up to 22 PhD Scholarships are available.
‣Scholarship Duration: it is applicable for for 3 years with the possibility to extend it for 1 more year, pending the approval of the Tutor Committee.
‣ Scholarship Covers: It includes a salary of 20.000 Euro per year (before taxes), which is provided for 3 years with the possibility to extend it for 1 more year, pending the approval of the Tutor Committee. Students will also benefit of reimbursement for travelling to the partner institution up to 10.000 € yearly.
‣ The scholarship is funded from Fondazione Edmund Mach
‣ It includes a salary of 20.000 Euro per year (before taxes), which is provided for 3 years with the possibility to extend it for 1 more year, pending the approval of the Tutor Committee. Students will also benefit of reimbursement for traveling to the partner institution up to 10.000 € yearly.
‣ Note that the FEM does not handle requests for registration as PhD student. FEM is a research Foundation and cannot issue the PhD degree.
‣ Therefore successful candidates will have to register as PhD student with the University partner of the project or with another University.
‣ Fellow students will have 1 year from when the scholarship starts to register as PhD students. If at the end of the first year the selected candidate is not yet registered as PhD student, the scholarship will stop.
To be considered for Fondazione Edmund Mach PhD scholarship, applicants :
‣ must hold a Master’s degree or equivalent from a University in a field relevant to the project topic.
‣ It is also possible to apply when the Master’s degree will be obtained after the application deadline. The fellowship can start as early in summer 2013.
‣ Applicants will be assessed on the basis of their curriculum and of the letters of recommendation.
‣ Candidates selected for the interview should provide a scan copy of the transcript of the academic records, i.e. the inventory of the courses taken and grades earned throughout the university studies.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ To apply, please fill in the dedicated web form(http://cri.fmach.eu/user/register).
‣ During the application process you will be asked to include the following documents:
‣ Scholarship Applications are due by May 24, 2013.
‣ Only short-listed candidates will be informed by Mid-June 2013 and will be invited for a personal/Skype interview.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be downloaded from the official website
You may also like
Scholarship Tags: 2013 , FEM , agriculture, Biology, climate change, Environment, Featured, food, International, Italy, PhD, scholarships