FMI International PhD Program in Switzerland , and applications are submitted till November 20, 2016. The Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research is funding an international PhD program in affiliation with the University of Basel in Switzerland. The duration of PhD course is 4 years. Applicants from all nations with a Master degree or equivalent are eligible for this international PhD program. The FMI provides financial support to graduate students in accordance with the scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): | Basel, Switzerland
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): Fellowships are awarded for basic research in biology with a focus in epigenetics, neurobiology and mechanisms of cancer.
Deadline: November 20, 2016.
Funded By: Friedrich Miescher Institute for Biomedical Research (FMI)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): FMI International PhD Program is targeted for US and International applicants
‣ Award No: The FMI International PhD Program funds approximately 100 graduate students from more than 25 countries.
‣ Scholarship Duration: A course of study at the FMI leading to a PhD degree of the University of Basel typically lasts 4 years.
‣ Scholarship covers: The FMI provides financial support to graduate students in accordance with the scale of the Swiss National Science Foundation. Income is generous relative to international standards for PhD students.
‣ The FMI International PhD Program provides advanced, interdisciplinary training in epigenetics, neurobiology and mechanisms of cancer. PhD students admitted to the program receive theoretical and practical training, and conduct a research project under the supervision of an FMI group leader, monitored by a thesis committee of university professors and experts chosen by the student.
‣ FMI PhD students learn highly advanced techniques from specialists and are introduced into experimental analysis at multiple levels of biological organization.
‣ Most students at the FMI are enrolled at the University of Basel. After successful completion of the research project, submission of a written thesis and a thesis defense, the candidate receives a PhD from the University of Basel.
‣ US applicants with only a Bachelor must have successfully completed courses in Biophysics and must have laboratory experience leading to a research thesis.
‣ A shortlist of candidates will be invited for interviews in July 2-3, 2016.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Please fill in the online application form. Please note that this information and relevant documents will be distributed within the FMI for assessment.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on November 20, 2016. (There are two deadlines each year in May and November).
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
2017, International, Bursaries, Free Scholarships, PhD, Switzerland, Scholarships , May Deadline