Florence Congleton Scholarships for African Women at Birmingham School of Education in UK , and applications are submitted till 31 May 2018. The scholarship pays fees for one year of full time study, which would lead to MA/MEd. A contribution towards accommodation is also included. Any student wishing to continue to the PhD programme would have to find the remaining fees and costs themselves.Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Birmingham School of Education | UK
Level: MS/PhD Degree
Field(s): a female research student from Africa who wishes to pursue study in one of the UNESCO themes of education for peace, democracy, human rights and sustainable development (or related issues).
Funded By: Birmingham School of Education
Deadline: 31 May 2018.
Beneficiaries( Target Group): Florence Congleton Scholarships for African Women is targeted to female students from Africa.
Benefits( Value/ Inclusions):
‣ No. of Awards: not speciified.
‣ Scholarship Covers: The scholarship pays fees for one year of full time study and a contribution of £6,000 towards accommodation is also included. Students wishing to continue to the PhD programme would have to find the remaining fees and costs themselves.
‣ This award was set up in 1986 to enable an African woman to study full time in the School of Education.
‣ The School of Education is an Associated School of UNESCO and the F Congleton Scholarship is now assigned to a female student from Africa who wishes to pursue study in one of the UNESCO themes of education for peace, democracy, human rights and sustainable development (or related issues).
‣ The Master’s and Doctorate programmes are available for this scholarship.
must have an unconditional offer of a place of study at the School of
Education. To apply for admissions, read this page.
‣ The scholarship is open to applications from women aged between 22 and 35 years of age on 1st October in the year in which they take up the Scholarship.
‣ They must be a citizen of an African Commonwealth country or non-white residents of Southern Africa.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Application form to be marked by candidate that they wish to apply for consideration of the Award. A nominated Board will consider all requests. It is very important that you notify Paul Lynch of your intention to apply for this Scholarship.
‣ Applicants must hold an unconditional offer of a place of study at the School of education before they can be considered for this scholarship.
‣ To apply for this scholarship, please send a personal statement to the Centre for International Education and Research (contact details found below), outlining why you think you should be considered and how your research will contribute to the UNESCO mission.
‣ It is important to visit the official website (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.Contact Details
Please address any queries to
Dr Paul Lynch School of Education University of Birmingham Edgbaston Birmingham B15 2TT United Kingdom
Tel: +44 (0)121 414 6735 Email: email@example.com
Find out about studying at the University of Birmingham on our International Studentswebpages.