Finnish Government Scholarship. Finnish Government offers scholarships for doctoral level studies and research in Finland. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes | Finland
Level: PhD Degree
Field(s): any of the courses offered by Finnish Universities or Public Research Institutes.
Deadline: 14th February(annually)
Funded By: Finnish Government
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Scholarship is targeted for students of
Australia, China, Cuba, Egypt, India, Israel, Japan, Mexico, Mongolia, Namibia, Republic of Korea, Turkey and Ukraine.
‣ Award No: Not Known (The scholarship authorities in each country are invited to present applications for up to 10 candidates for the Finnish Gov't Scholarship Pool).
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarship is offered for 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies.
‣ Scholarship covers:
‣ The Finnish Government offers scholarships of 3-9 months for Doctoral level studies and research at Finnish universities or public research institutes.
‣ The Finnish Government Scholarship Pool programme is open to young researchers from all academic fields.
‣ The scholarship cannot be applied for Master’s level studies or post-Doctoral studies/research.
‣ In order to be an eligible applicant for this scholarship, you must first successfully apply for a study/research placement at a Finnish university/public research institute - in other words, you must be at least provisionally accepted either as a visiting Doctoral-level student/researcher, or as a full-time Doctoral degree student.
‣ Please see section ‘Doctoral Admissions’ for information on how to apply for a Doctoral-level study or research placement in Finland.
To avail Finnish Government Scholarship, the applicant must:
‣ have established contact with the Finnish receiving institution before applying.
‣ have a letter of invitation from the academic supervisor in Finland; the invitation should also explain the commitment of the host institution to the project;
‣ have earned a Master’s-level degree before applying;
‣ intend to pursue post-Master’s level studies as a visiting student, participate in a research project or teach at a university or public research institute in Finland;priority will be given to doctoral studies;
‣ not have spent already more than one year at a Finnish higher education institution immediately before the intended scholarship period in Finland -be able to give proof of sufficient skills in speaking and writing the language needed in study/research.
‣ CIMO will inform both successful and unsuccessful candidates of the results by June annually.
Scholarship Application Method
‣ Apply by post.
‣ Applications for the Finnish Government Scholarship Pool funding should be made to the appropriate authority in the applicant’s country.
‣ Documents required for an application:
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date:The annual deadline set by CIMO for the nomination of scholarship candidates by the national authorities is 14th February. Applicants should check the application deadline set by the authorities in your country since it may be earlier.
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
You may also like
Your first paragraph ...