Fierf Charles W Finkl Scholarship Program For College Sophomores, and applications are submitted till April 15, 2018. Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF) is offering scholarship for college sophomores entering into their junior year in the fall. These scholarships are offered for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice. Applicant should be a citizen of Canada, Mexico or the United States. Scholarships are available for full-time students majoring in chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical or metallurgical engineering. Full details
School(Institutions/ Country): | Canada, Mexico or USA
Level: Scholarships are available for college sophomores entering into their junior year in the fall at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
Field(s): chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical or metallurgical engineering.
Deadline: April 15, 2018
Funded By: Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF)
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fierf Charles W Finkl Scholarship Program is targeted for Students of Canada, Mexico or the United States
‣ Award No: No more than three (3) new awards will be granted to students from a single magnet school each year.
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships are offered for two years. Scholarship Management Services processes Charles W. Finkl Scholarship payments on behalf of FIERF. Payments are made in two equal installments on August 15 and December 30. Checks are mailed to each recipient’s home address and are made payable to the school for the student.
‣ Scholarship covers: If selected as a recipient, scholarships will be in the amount of $4,000 over two years (to be paid $2,000 in the junior year, $2,000 in the senior year).
‣ Forging Industry Educational and Research Foundation (FIERF) has established the Fierf Charles W Finkl Scholarship Program to assist college juniors, with select majors, pursue their postsecondary education.
‣ Renewable scholarships are offered for full-time study at an accredited institution of the student’s choice.
‣ This scholarship program is administered by Scholarship Management Services, a division of Scholarship America. Scholarship Management Services is the nation’s largest designer and manager of scholarship and tuition reimbursement programs for corporations, foundations, associations and individuals.
‣ Awards are granted without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, disability or national origin.
‣ College sophomores (students entering into their junior year in the fall) who are citizens of Canada, Mexico or the United States and full-time students majoring in chemical, computer, electrical, industrial, materials, mechanical, or metallurgical engineering at an accredited four-year college or university for the entire upcoming academic year.
‣ Maintaining a minimum cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or above, on a 4.0 scale.
‣ Seventy-five percent (75%) of awards will be granted to applicants attending one of FIERF’s magnet schools.
‣ Scholarship finalists are selected on the basis of academic record, demonstrated leadership and participation in school and community activities, honors, work experience, statement of goals and aspirations, unusual personal or family circumstances, an outside appraisal, and a personal statement. Credit will be given to applicants who have worked or interned at an industry Forging Industry Association (FIA) Member Company.
‣ Financial need is not considered. Selection of recipients is made by FIERF. All applicants agree to accept the decision of FIERF and Scholarship Management Services as final.
‣ Applicants will be notified in late June. Not all applicants to the program will be selected as recipients.
‣ Interested students must complete the application form and mail it along with a current, complete transcript of grades to Scholarship Management Services postmarked no later than April 15.
Applicants must print the page(s) of the application containing the Applicant Appraisal and Transcript Information sections (if part of the application) and submit to the appropriate individuals for completion (if applicable). These sections cannot be completed electronically.
Mail the completed application form (including the completed Appraisal and Transcript sections if part of the application, and any other required documents) to Scholarship America by the program's application postmark deadline. The mailing address is on the application form
NOTE: You will need ADOBE Reader 6.0 or greater to open, use and print this PDF fill-in-the-blank form. If you do not have this free software installed on your computer, click on the ADOBE icon. Follow the directions to install ADOBE Reader (free download), then return to this page to proceed.
Questions? Contact us!
Phone: 1–507–931–1682 and ask for the Charles W. Finkl Scholarship Program
Charles W. Finkl Scholarship Program
Scholarship Management Services
One Scholarship Way
Saint Peter, MN 56082
‣ Scholarship Applications are submitted till April 15, 2018
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.