Fellowships in Global Journalism is targeted for outstanding professionals, scholars and specialized freelancers from around the world, who want to lead the coverage of their disciplines in global media…University of Toronto’s Munk School of Global Affairs is seeking applications for this Fellowships program. Applications are open until 10 February 2014. Let's dive in to the full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Toronto | Canada
Field(s): Global Journalism Program. Curriculum topics include investigative journalism, writing, freelance tradecraft, deep interviewing skills, performance and global dynamics.Fellows will also participate in a one-month bootcamp during which they will learn the fundamentals of journalism.
Deadline: 10 February 2014
Funded By: Munk School of Global Affarirs, Univeristy of Toronto
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Fellowships in Global Journalism is targeted for outstanding professionals, scholars and specialized freelancers from around the world, who want to lead the coverage of their disciplines in global media…
‣ Award No: 0 outstanding professionals, scholars and specialized freelancers from around the world, who want to lead the coverage of their disciplines in global media…
‣ Scholarship covers: please visit the site below
‣ Our job is to mentor your first year covering your specialty — in major media—so that you have the basis to lead in the years that follow. If you have already earned advanced knowledge of a subject, this is a powerful running start into global journalism in less time than most Master of Journalism degrees.
The Munk School of Global Affairs is awarding 20 Fellowships in Global Journalism to candidates who:
‣ Have a graduate degree, or professional degree, or a few years’ work experience in their discipline
‣ Have strong communications instincts
‣ Are hungry to cover their disciplines as journalists for media around the world, in all
‣ platforms including print, on-line, broadcast and radio, full-time or part-time.
As a Fellow in this eight-month program, you’ll get a head start in journalism by:
‣ Actually reporting on your own discipline for major media.
‣ Learning how to identify and pitch stories, investigate them, and report them in written, video and audio form – for the widest range of media platforms.
‣ Learning how to compete as a global freelancer, from some of the world’s most successful freelancers.
‣ Sharing coverage ideas with the Munk School’s scholars in global affairs and with University of Toronto’s scholars in your own field.
‣ Receiving direct mentorship from your own “bureau chief”, an experienced journalist whose job is to hone your skills and help launch your career.
‣ Attending a series of lectures from leading journalists around the world.
‣ After joining us for a six-week bootcamp, you can complete the program from anywhere in the world, while still working in your field.
When you finish, you'll have the skills to:
‣ Return to your profession, now able to cover your discipline part-time as a freelance journalist for media aro
‣ Compete for a staff job with a media company that wants your unique mix of specialization, reporting experience, global understanding and business ability
‣ Applicants from aroundund the world in print, online, for television and radio; and with an outstanding knowledge of media that will add value to your professional work.
‣ Become a ‘super-freelancer’, with the skills and relationships to sustain a career covering your discipline for a portfolio of media organizations around the world
‣ Launch or lead a media business the world may apply for this program.
‣ Resume or Curriculum Vitae
‣ Official Academic Transcripts and/or Professional Designation.
‣ Two Story proposals
‣ One Fully-Reported Story, with visual treatment
‣ Additional Communications Examples
‣ Personal Essay
‣ Video Statement
‣ Statement of Integrity
‣ Three letters of recommendation
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.
You may also like