FDU Presidential Scholarship for International Students and Americans Abroad in USA , and applications are submitted till January 15, for fall (August) 2019. Fairleigh Dickinson University offers Presidential Scholarship for non-U.S. citizens worldwide and to U.S. citizens who reside outside the United States. These are full-tuition scholarships for first-time undergraduate students which recognize exceptional academic performance. This scholarship covers full tuition costs, but does not cover housing, food, insurance and other fees. The estimated student expenses not covered by this scholarship are $17,000 per year. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): Fairleigh Dickinson University | USA
Level: Undergraduate Programme.
Field(s): all the subjects available at Fairleigh Dickinson University.
Deadline: January 15, for fall (August) 2019
Funded By: Fairleigh Dickinson University, USA
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): FDU Presidential Scholarship is targeted for non-U.S. citizens worldwide and to U.S. citizens who reside outside the United States.
‣ Award No: Not Specified
‣ Scholarship Duration: Scholarships may be used for the fall and spring semesters for full-time students only. Scholarships are renewable at the same funding level for each academic year, contingent upon successful academic performance.
‣ Scholarship covers: This scholarship covers full tuition costs, but does not cover housing, food, insurance and other fees. The estimated student expenses not covered by this scholarship are $17,000 per year. Applicants who do not meet the deadline and/or who are not selected to receive the Presidential Scholarship will still be considered for our Col. Fairleigh Dickinson scholarships which are valued between $11,000-$30,000 per year.
‣ Fairleigh Dickinson University considers citizens of all nations for FDU Presidential Scholarship assistance based on academic merit and on demonstrated financial need.
‣ In a few cases, merit-only scholarships are awarded. Scholarships are awarded for up to four years for a bachelor’s degree, and for up to two years for a master’s degree, provided that the student meets the appropriate requirements and makes satisfactory academic progress.
‣ Annual increases to awards are not available. International scholarships are the main source of University funding available to non-U.S. citizens.
‣ Additionally, students may apply for on-campus employment and may work up to 20 hours per week. U.S. citizens and permanent residents who reside outside the U.S. are also eligible to apply for an international scholarship and also may be considered for state or federal financial assistance; students should submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), which is available upon request.
‣ SAT composite score of 1300 or above (Math plus Critical Reading only) out of 1600; or ACT score of 29 or above;
‣ GPA of 3.5 or above;
‣ Personal essay of 400-500 words on a topic of the applicant's choosing Guidance/career counselor or Education USA Advisor must submit a Presidential Scholarship Nomination Form Nominations from agents/consultants are not accepted.
‣ On-campus housing is required for the duration of study
‣ Renewable up to 4 years
This scholarship covers full tuition costs but does NOT cover housing, food, insurance and other fees.
Selection Criteria for FDU Presidential Scholarship
‣ Selection is based on academic performance.
‣ Scholarship notifications are mailed to applicants at the time of admission.
‣ This form must be completed only by a Guidance/Career Counselor at a secondary/high school (or if none exists, a school faculty member who assists students with college/career placement).
‣ Alternatively, this form may be submitted by an official EducationUSA advisor. Nomination forms from independent counselors/agents, parents, friends, self, etc. cannot be considered and will be automatically discarded.
‣ The counselor nomination form should accompany the student’s admission documents. In addition to all other required documents, students must submit a bank statement and affidavit of support at the time of application.
‣ Scholarship Application Due Date: January 15, for fall (August) 2019
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.