Faculty PhD Scholarships for UK/ EU and International Students in UK, and applications are submitted till 3rd February 2015. . University of Sheffield is inviting applications for PhD scholarships which is open to UK, EU and international applicants. Applicants should be applying to start their first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University. These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress. Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate. Full details:
School(Institutions/ Country): University of Sheffield | UK
Level: PhD study
Field(s): all subjects available at the University of Sheffield
Deadline: 3rd February 2015
Funded By: University of Sheffield, UK
Beneficiaries(Target Groups): Faculty PhD Scholarships are targeted for UK/EU and international students can apply for these PhD scholarships.
‣ Award No: A number of scholarships will be awarded.
‣ Scholarship Duration: These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
‣ Scholarship covers:Each Faculty can offer a range of awards which may include: -Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a full maintenance stipend at the RCUK rate (full-time rate £13,863 for 2014-15) -Fees (UK/EU or Overseas) and a half maintenance stipend (full-time rate £6,931.50 for 2014-15) -Fees only (UK/EU or Overseas) -a contribution towards fees and/or maintenance -access to Research Support funds for conference and other expenses Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
‣ The University of Sheffield invests a significant amount of funding each year in order to support the very best postgraduate research students.
‣ For entry in 2015-16, each Faculty is offering a number of scholarship awards on a competitive basis.
‣ These scholarships fund up to three years full-time or six years part-time study, subject to satisfactory progress.
‣ Part-time studentships are paid at 50% of the full-time rate.
‣ Applicants should be applying to start your first year of study on a full-time or part-time PhD with the University.
‣ Awards are open to UK, EU and international applicants.
Selection criteria for Faculty PhD Scholarships
‣ The scholarships will be awarded on a competitive basis-applications are assessed on the basis of academic success and qualifications, experience, research background, a clear well-articulated research proposal, the potential impact of the research and a good match with supervisor/ departmental expertise.
‣ Applications for 2015-16 entry are now open. On acceptance of an offer of admission you will be sent details of how to apply for scholarship funding.
‣ To apply for admission. If you have already accepted an offer of admission please log into your Postgraduate application account and complete the additional Scholarship section.
‣ Scholarship Applications are due on 3rd February 2015.
‣ Application forms and guidelines can be download from the official website
‣ It is important to read the application procedure, and visit the official websites (link found below) for detailed information on how to apply for this scholarship.